Kent Lookups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Lookups

Hello everyone, we are new to FTF, and for the past few weeks have been on the sidelines seeing how things work. It is amazing to find such a helpful friendly group. We are starting to feel our way now, so thought we would be brave and post our first thread.
    We have just discovered we may - only may - have a connection with a birth in Deal in Kent, and wondered if there were any good websites I could access to look up births there, or will I have to go to my local Mormon Church to order the films through their FH group? The dates would be 1790-1802

Hello and Welcome.

My geoagraphy of England is BAD!!! I'm finding my way around Lancashire, but that's not much help to you. Just didn't want you to sit without an answer.

Are you in the UK? Just noticed the time there.

Have you tried this
    ** Kent, England Online Parish Clerks ** - Home Page

Also not sure what Kent info is in our Wiki, but try that as well. Just open it and type Kent or Deal into the search box.

Hope that is helpful.

You can always put the names up here and we'll have a look. We just can't put living people's names here.

Comment

It is worth checking in the FTF Wiki (Reference Library)
      Click on the word WIKI in the blue navigation bar and select Wiki Main Page.
      Click on the British Isles icon, then select England and the county you are interested in, in this case Kent.

This will take you to the Kent county page where you will find a list of useful websites. On a quick look through the list, the Kent Look Up Exchange, in the Primary Reference section, might be of interest to you as I see that Deal has a reasonable coverage. I haven't checked all the links - you might well find something else there.
      Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 26-08-08, 05:40.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Harry's Mum, we're not far from you - in Scarborough Qld
        We will try that website this evening.
        Elaine in Spain - thanks to you too, have just had a quick look at the Kent Lookups you mentioned and see there are people willing to do a little research, so I will email them this evening too.
        What a brilliant quick response, I'm very grateful Val

Comment

Just to let you know that the Kent Lookups were quick to reply and found, not my William, but a James born in Deal who could well be a brother, and it gave the parents names, and said Dad was a soldier, so shall follow that lead and start looking further afield. Many thanks for the help and suggestions.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you enjoy it here - I certainly do!

If you find you have Kentish folk from the Medway area, then you'll probably get a lot from this site: Cityark - Home

UKBMD - Births, Marriages, Deaths Indexes & Census transcriptions for the UK, On-Line is an excellent site, just full of links, but really well-organised.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X