Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did i get this cert??

I have forgotten where i sent to for a marriage i found on Fibis

I remember it came in a large brown envelope with cardboard on the back. I think i had to pay £18 for it.

I have just found a Baptism for my GGrandfathers 2nd wife :D again, it is on the Fibis site.

Do i send off to Southport for this..............

Thankyou
    Jacky

If it came from the GRO then it will state as much at the top of the cert;

Certified Copy of an entry of marriage........Given at the General Register Office

and it will have the GRO stamp/seal printed on bottom corner of the certificate
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

If you found it on the FIBIS site I wonder if you sent off the request to the Indian Office, British Library.

If it is an overseas BMD, and registered in the overseas BMD index searchable on Findmypast or Family Relatives, then you can apply to the GRO in the same way as you apply for English and Welsh BMD certificates.

If it is a baptism you are after then I would think your first approach might have to be through the FIBIS site.
      Elaine

Comment

Its an Indian one, it has 96 Euston Road on the bottom right - Foreign and Commonwealth Office - its stamped with this, it is also a cardboard one.
        Jacky

Comment

eUSTON rOAD sounds like the British Library - which houses Indian records.
          Phoenix - with charred feathers
          Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Thankyou, ;)

I will email them and ask for the price.

I think i got so excited then when i seen it, i couldnt think straight

Going back for another look now, they must have new stuff, i didnt see this last time
            Jacky

Comment

Working...
            X