Help with browser update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with browser update

Is there anyone who could anser a few questions please.....

Ok first of all I hate change and like things to run in a way that I am used to and whilst I am not totally stupid when it comes to my pooter this browser thing is worrying me.

So... now I am being told that certain things won't work as well, on some of the sites I visit, unless I upgrade my browser

One site recommends Firefox or IE7 and another I'm not remembering and haven't heard of so not bothering.

So is it possible to have both firefox and IE6 or will one take over the other??

If I upgrade to IE7 what is going to happen?? Will my AVG and Zonealarm etc still work?

If I don't get on with IE7 can I roll back to IE6??

Pleeeeeeeeeze help :o
    With Experience comes Realisation

Yes you can have both IE and Firefox on your PC at the same time. I use Firefox, but have IE as well, which I only use now and again. I think you can roll back to IE6 too, but I don't think you will find you need to.

AVG should be OK too.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Awwww thankyou Wendy

So if I download firefox now then I assume that I can open the firefox browser and go to the site I want that way but then I can close it down and just open up my IE6 for sites that aren't nipping my head yet :D

Comment

That right Shaz. Try them both and see which one you like. I much prefer Firefox as it seems much quicker.
        Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
          That right Shaz. Try them both and see which one you like. I much prefer Firefox as it seems much quicker.
          Thankyou Wendy you are a sweetheart

Comment

I downloaded Firefox a while ago, can't remember why I felt the need lol. Anyway, it will ask you if you want it to be your default browser - just say no (unless you do).

I have got it in my programs but still use IE6 unless I have a problem with a particular site.

Your favourites wont be there though, in firefox, you will have to find them all again.
            Rose

Comment

You can transfer all your favourites into Firefox using the Import on the File Menu.
              Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie Knees View Post

Your favourites wont be there though, in firefox, you will have to find them all again.
                You can export them from IE and import them into Firefox.

Comment

Thanks everyone

I downloaded it and didn't want it as my default browser so unclicked that.

It also gave me the option to import my favs, saved passwords, history etc. Which I did want so clicked that and it did that for me.

Only one problem I seem to have is on my bebo page (yes I have a bebo to keep in touch with friends who won't have a facebook...lol) I seem to be losing part of the page

It was mainly due to this site that I decided to upgrade in the first place :( now I've lost one side of the page and my wall posts have been cut because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                    You can transfer all your favourites into Firefox using the Import on the File Menu.
                    Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                    You can export them from IE and import them into Firefox.
                    Rose

Comment

Working...
                    X