Mary Ann WOLSENCROF Serv U Female 28 Radnor Knighton Gen Dom Serv

Manchester Road Belgrave Square, Heaton Norris, Lancashire, England
    Reference RG11
    Piece / Folio 3474 / 82
    Page Number 18

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Well as there have been quite a few views and no replies, I suppose that means no-one can find my family?
    I will check back later just in case.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Afraid I could find anything, Lynne -I know you are not looking for the servant, but was particularly interested as I have a Mary Ann Wolstencroft in my tree ( or what might be my tree depending on who one of my parents really is!!) - will look again a little later
      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Having no luck, Granny Lynne

Will have another go later.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks Joan and Nell.
          Lynne

Comment

Have u seen this Jessie Owen.
            RG13 P.3754 Folio 5 Page 1

She is a grandaughter living with Barker family. Age is a bit out though
            Pam

Comment

Hi Lynne
              Not sure if I've got the right Owens but I've found a death for William Owen 1901 and an entry for Ellen Owen (widow) and daughter Ellen (age 8) as inmates at Chorlton Union Workhouse on the 1901 census
              Can't find any of the other kids though
              Chris

Comment

Arthur, Harold and Ernest would presumably all have been earning a living by then, but its odd we can't find them.

Maybe they all joined the army and were fighting in the Boer War, or joined the navy and were at sea?
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

have you thought that their might be a differnt spelling on the 1901 census?
                  or maybe the name was mistranscribed, i cant find my doves in 1901, though the archives do. maybe its a fault with ancestry?

Comment

Hi I know what happened to William Owen and his family, William Owen's father was William Owen of Ardwick a cloth finisher 1827-1891 was invented a process of stretching woven cloth and took out a patent 1857. William seniors factory was on Union Street in Manchester and when he died the firm went to his eldest son William. William ran the firm for a while but the story is that he sold the firm to a railway company so they could use the land the build Manchester Piccadilly railway station? William and his family then moved to South Africa where they had a farm in Zululand and then later settled in Durban. Some of the next generation of the family later returned to the UK. I have more information if you are interested. Malcolm

Comment

Hi Malcolm and welcome to the forum

I have sent Lynne a private message to tell her you have responded to her post.

Jay
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
                      X