Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone live near Birmingham Library?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone live near Birmingham Library?

Dear All,

I'm searching for the baptisms of two ancestors who ended up marrying each other. They were both born in Handsworth, Staffordshire (according to census data). I have bought the fiche for St Mary's Handsworth...neither of them are on it.

However, I see from Parish records in Birmingham Library that Birmingham Library holds St Peter's Handsworth parish registers too.

I wonder whether anyone is able to visit the library and have a look for me...

The ancestors in question are:

1) William Micklewright born c1819 to father Samuel (farmer)
    2) Mary Windsor born c1821 to father John (groom)

If siblings were found too that would be magnificent!

Many thanks for reading!
    Last edited by wulliam; 25-08-08, 14:38. Reason: typo
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

I live not too far away but not sure when I'll be near the library. Will print it off and if no-one has been for you I will check when I'm next in Birmingham.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thanks JBee - there's no rush other than my curiosity!
      Kind regards,
      William

Comment

Pity they weren't 1870s-1890s:
        Baptismal Register

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I'd found that too and had the same disappointment!
          Kind regards,
          William

Comment

I've got the intention to go to B'ham Library sometime: both my own paternal family, and my niece's to be researched there.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine! Perhaps you & JBee could post (or pm) once a visit is planned so that the two of you don't both do the same lookups?!
              Kind regards,
              William

Comment

Working...
              X