Death Certs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Certs

appart from cause of death what other information will a death cert give me.

Take a look in the wiki. All the info is there and explains it much better than I could.

Certificate tutorials - Family Tree Forum

Comment

Death cert gives:-
      When and where person died
      Their name and surname
      Sex
      Cause of death
      Name and residence of the informant.

In the case of a married woman, it will sometimes give her husbands name and occupation.

It will tell you if the death needed an inquest
      Pam

Comment

After 1969 Q2 you should get a date of birth, place of birth and woman's maiden surname (all info taken from the informant, so not always correct!)

Comment

Thanks Margaret and Pam

how did I miss that in the wiki, cause i've spent loads of time looking at that, it's really useful.
          Thanks Pam I didn't know it gave the residence of the informant, I need to order one, but I keep backing out of ordering it, as it seems abit strange. I know i'm being silly

sorry Merry missed your post again while i was typing

it's for 1965, it's for my George Hill family that I posted about the other day, but it's for his wife and I have all her details and it would have been my dad that would have registered the death, I'm still on the hunt for George's death details but as his wife survived him she would have been the informant so will finding Georges death details get me anywhere?
          Last edited by No shoes; 25-08-08, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by No shoes View Post
            Thanks Margaret and Pam

how did I miss that in the wiki, cause i've spent loads of time looking at that, it's really useful.
            Thanks Pam I didn't know it gave the residence of the informant, I need to order one, but I keep backing out of ordering it, as it seems abit strange. I know i'm being silly

sorry Merry missed your post again while i was typing

it's for 1965, it's for my George Hill family that I posted about the other day, but it's for his wife and I have all her details and it would have been my dad that would have registered the death, I'm still on the hunt for George's death details but as his wife survived him she would have been the informant so will finding Georges death details get me anywhere?
            You don't know that. It could have been someone else who was the informant. She could have been ill or something at the time and couldn't do it.

Only the cert will tell you for sure about anything.

Comment

You can't be sure that his wife is the informant unless you get the certificate. It could be another family member or it could be someone else - for instance, the coroner if there was an inquest.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
              X