Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there gaps in 1891 Census for Hackney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there gaps in 1891 Census for Hackney?

Now I've found Susannah Louisa Lowres married to her second Grant husband happily bedded down in Preston Park nr Brighton in 1901, I thought I'd look for her in 1891.

Her daughter Louisa Emily A Grant was born in Hackney in Dec 1891. This is the first known child of her second marriage, so the family in 1891 ought to exist of:

Thomas William Grant b Dec 1863 Hackney RD
    Susannah Louisa Grant b Sep 1864 Shoreditch RD
    William Edward Grant b Jun 1885 Hackney RD (step son)

Susannah is usually known as Louisa, but I have tried every combination of forenames only, Grants in Hackney etc etc and nothing springs to the attention. Thomas is a Prudential Assurance agent in 1901, so literate.

Can anyone find any member of this family in 1891?
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Hi,

Found them through FMP - RG12 piece207, folio 8, p12

Thomas, 1864, Clerk
    Susanah 1865
    William 1885

living at 202 Victoria Park Rd Sth Hackney (not far from my gt Grandparents. I wonder if he was their insurance agent!!)
    Sue

Comment

Ooh, thank you, Sue! (I do hope you are on a sub, not ppv!)
      The page has been entirely missed from Ancestry. Goodness knows how. Hackney is not an area I'd like to search on microfilm, so I am really grateful!

If Ancestry published the stats pages, we could see for ourselves if pages were missing.
      Phoenix - with charred feathers
      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

You're very welcome Phoenix - I'm glad to repay in some small way all the help you've given me!
        Last edited by Sue from Southend; 25-08-08, 18:10.
        Sue

Comment

Hi Phoenix,

My gt grandmother lived at 201 Victoria Park Rd Sth Hackney in 1876, we were up in London a few weeks ago and I have some photographs of 201, it will give you an idea of what sort of house it was, seeing as it was next door, if you are interested pm me your e mail and I will send them to you.

Barbara

Comment

Whoops, it would have been on the other side of the road wouldn't it. The houses on the other side of the road were at some time the same but unfortunately most of them have shops on the bottom floor now. The one my gt. grandfather lived in, number 150 had a computer shop on street level.

Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              The page has been entirely missed from Ancestry. Goodness knows how. Hackney is not an area I'd like to search on microfilm, so I am really grateful!

If Ancestry published the stats pages, we could see for ourselves if pages were missing.
              If you click through page by page you may find the actual page images skip a
              page number. In the past I've reported a missing image (I think it was a BMD not a census) by clicking on the pages each side of the missing one.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X