Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone suggest a date of this picture? - John Rogers and his wife Gertrude Nott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone suggest a date of this picture? - John Rogers and his wife Gertrude Nott

I'm not very good at this, but I'll start off so some of the more experienced photo people can come and say where I'm wrong! lol

Mid 1920's? I know you said he was born around 1870 and wasn't she born in 1880? She looks mid 40's and he looks maybe early 50's. Her clothes look right for mid 1920's - perhaps not madly fashionable (a lower-over-the forehead cloche hat would have been more up to the minute - perhaps if she had been younger that's what she would have had! And did they live in Taunton? Not the fashion capital of the world I suppose!)

The background also looks mid to late 20's or later (reminds me of "awful" decor in photos of my grandfather's house around the same time when he was an interior designer ), but I don't think the background can be later as the couple don't look old enough!

Gertrude looks a rather sensible lady. He looks as if he is supressing his sense of humour, but that might be just because he looks like someone else (off the TV) but I can't put my finger on who at the moment!
    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 25-08-08, 12:28.

Comment

I agree...the clothes shout 20's but when exactly I don't know.

Comment

yes the 1920,s brenda xxx

Comment

The ladies hat is definately 1920's.

Comment

Working...
          X