This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting out side shoots

Is there any way you can make new gedcom and sort out the none related side shoots easier than 1 by 1 please,,, wantto do new gedcom with side bits missing ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

So I gather that there must be no easy way of doing just a main family tree except manually 1 by 1 ;;

Comment

If you find out Babs let me know as I get waylaid sometimes and end up going up another part of the family tree.

Comment

Val what I have started to do is a new tree on ancestry so I can just copy and paste info in have done dads side and kids so far ,,,when I have it finnished I will them download gedcon from there to desk top and open with FTM

Comment

Babs

Can I ask why you are doing it on Ancestry instead of just opening a new file in FTM?

Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
            Babs

Can I ask why you are doing it on Ancestry instead of just opening a new file in FTM?

Or am I missing something?
            That's what I was wondering Margaret.

Babs you can have several different trees on FTM and as long as they all have unique names they won't get muddled up.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Yes I know I could have done it that way but my tree on ncestry has all the streets they were born etc so I can just copy and paste everything into place yes see it at glance ,,,seemed easier to me ;;

Comment

Thanks Babs , I wish I only had 2 files on my FTM , as I updated the wrong one some time ago ,but not sure how to get rid of the others .
                I often think of deleting all my tree after backing up to disc just the one I want , then importing that one into FTM does that make sense ??? probably not .

Comment

Yes you could do that but Im sure all the others that you have opened in it will still be listed under the file menu, I made sure I knew what the main gedcom was called see my other thread and then I have deleted loads of geddys so I know were Im working

Comment

I'm too worried to delete mine Babs knowing my luck I would delete the wrong ones.

Comment

Just see what name is the one your working with go to file when open then look at the name of the top one make note of it click on one of the others and it will open 2 FTM's close down the second one and your back with the original one ;;
                      when you close ftm go look for the name of the right file right click and re name write it down as well ;;
                      re open FTM and it will say carnt find file so write in the name of the changed file and then it will open it in that one all the time ,,you can then deleta and geddys that you dont want under other names ;;

Comment

Thnaks Babs shall have a go later

Comment

In FTM you can select that you want to export selected individuals only. You can then choose the people one by one, or click on someone and say "descendents of" or "ancestors of" and they will all be included.

I *think* where you click the descendents of, it also adds in the spouce of the descendents.

Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Tom I would love to seperate my two families but I am not too hot on which name belongs to which family so would probably end with with somebody I dont want.
                            It would make life easier

Comment

Oh right tom I will have a go at that thanks ;;;

Comment

Working...
                              X