Parish Records Collection - marriage - on FindMyPast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parish Records Collection - marriage - on FindMyPast

As part of their parish records, FMP have marriage records.

I searched an Alexander relative in Wiltshire and came up with the marriage bond for her, which included her future husband's occupation (linen draper) and the bondsman.

So I shall be searching a few more of these records before long!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Is the same record available on Family History Online, Elizabeth? I see they have Sarum Marriage Licence Bonds on there with lots of Alexanders included?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

KiteRunner, It looks as though that could be the case.

However, I have an annual subscription with FMP, which I use all the time, so I'm getting my moneysworth.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Hi
        I've already signed up to Ancestory, so would it be worth while singing up to Find My Past too??

Tracy

Comment

It depends what information you want. Those parish records are already on FamilyHistoryOnline - searchable databases for family history & genealogy in England, Wales & Australia , and it only costs a few pence to view each one. The only other information you'll find on FMP and not on Ancestry is emigration records, I think.

Comment

Tracy, you can buy pay-as-you-go credits on Findmypast, so you don't have to commit yourself to an annual subscription.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
            X