No announcement yet.

IGI info..another pair of eyes please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGI info..another pair of eyes please?

good morning...in my family tree I have Simon Merrick b 1728 Norton Canon Herefords...this is on IGI...Simons marriages to Ellinor Davies and Elizabeth Stringham are also on IGI..
    .I have Simons Parents as John Merrick b 1689 Llandinabo and Anne Jeffs b 1695 Llandinabo Herefords..this marriage is on IGI..27-jan-1716

.I also have Simons brother John Merrick b 1725 Norton Canon..9 yrs seems a long time for a first baby

..the problem is I can`t find his parents or brother on IGI...so where did I get this info...I`ve just had an e-mail from a living Merrick in Bristol who has Simon b 1728 NORTON CANON...but his parents are john merrick and ann JAMES....can anyone see my dilemma..??
    he`s asked me for details...and I can`t find them on IGI..can anyone have a quick look with me...maybe I`ve missed something...regards...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Simons christening is shown on the IGI- sorry bit confused as to what it is you are looking for.
    Jess

Comment

I see the marriage you found for John Merrick and Ann Jeffs in Llandinabo was a submitted entry. Did you have reason to link your Norton Canon baptisms to this marriage or was it just the only John and An you could find in Herefordshire? There dont seem to be any Merrick marriages for the right period in Norton Canon. Did your contact say where the John Merrick Ann James marrage took place?
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Okay, so on the IGI there is Simon Merrick christened 28 Apr 1728 Norton Canon, Herefordshire, parents John Merrick and Anne. Batch C016742, which says it starts in 1716. Searching that batch for others with father's name John Merrick, there is John Merrick christened 12 Sep 1725 and Jane Merrick 9 Nov 1735. Both of these also have mother Anne.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thankyou both...sorry for the delay..I`ve been on the IGI Pedigree Resources Files..BTW can I take these as factual??
          anyway ..Jess..(good morning jess,).I am trying to CONFIRM that the parents I have for Simon Merrick b 1728 Norton Canon are John Merrick and Anne JEFFS
          this contact I have received this morning has John Merrick and Anne JAMES
          I have Simons parents and 1 sibling John b 1725 Norton Canon...I can`t remember where I got the info..
          good morning Judith...I`m waiting for a reply from this contact..we moved house 9 months ago and since then I can`t find my notes....so I can`t confirm how I had John and Anne (JEFFS) as Simons parents...I`m a little frutrated .and embarrassed at not being able to share my details with this new contact.....cheers...allan:o
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

thanks Kiterunner...I`ll check that out on IGI now for Jane...cheers...allan;)
            ADDED...Kiterunner...I`ve just checked on Jane Merrick b 1735 Norton Canon...mothers name is JANE not ANNE....but now i`m baffled,because I don`t have Jane or her mother and father in my tree...I`ve been to Norton Canon..6 houses 1 pub 1 church..our family ALL lived in Eccles Green...so who are these 3 ..??
            can I ask how you came up with Jane b 1735 Norton Canon??..is there a quicker way of searching for Merrick b Norton Canon than I am aware of??....thanks...allan
            Last edited by garstonite; 25-08-08, 08:44.

Comment

I`ve been on the IGI Pedigree Resources Files..BTW can I take these as factual??
              Erm.....NO!! lol

Some of them will be, of course!!

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                ..I`ve been on the IGI Pedigree Resources Files..BTW can I take these as factual??
                Sorry, Allan, but the answer to that one is no - anything you find in there would need to be checked against the PR's etc.

As for what the maiden name of Simon's mother was, it does sound as though you just got it from that marriage that is on the IGI, but that could well be a different John Merrick / Ann couple, and it could well be that Simon's parents' marriage is not on the IGI.
                KiteRunner

Comment

thanks merry/kiterunner...could you check on my ADDED reply on post no 6 please...allan;)

Comment

Oops, sorry, I must not have checked her mother's name properly! What I did was after searching for Simon and finding him, then searched using the batch number from his baptism and nothing in any of the other search fields except for putting John Merrick in the father's name.
                    KiteRunner

Comment

As for where you got the info about Ann Jeffs from, maybe you should look through your threads on Rootschat, Allan, because there are quite a few on there about this family?
                      KiteRunner

Comment

thanks Kiterunner...aha...may have hit the nail on the head there...cheers ...allan:D

Comment

just been on rootschat...no joy...signing off now...very frustrated and cheesed off...allan

Comment

just an update for the members who helped me earlier today...I`ve had a reply from the contact(he is a direct descendant of Simon Merrick and his surname is merrick..he has extracts from the Norton Canon Parish Register)..as follows...John Merrick b 1686 Staunton on Wye and Ann JAMES b Staunton on Wye were Simons Parents...they were married on 30 april 1715 in Staunton on Wye..
                            John`s (1686 ) parents were John Merrick b abt 1640 and Alice Morgan b abt 1645 married 1685..Alice died and John remarried Constance Prosser in 1702...
                            john`s ( b abt 1640) parents were John Merrick and Alice unknown...thank you all for your input...it was greatly appreciated...cheers...allan;)ADDED...I am going to try and check these facts on IGI tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                            X