More will questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More will questions

I have printed off the forms to order my wills, but have more questions, if anyone can help.

First if I order from York, how long will it take, weeks or months?
    I am sure that I have seen that it is quicker to order from different offices, but how would I know which one to use? One will was from Chester & the other from Barton upon Humber Lincolnshire.

Many thanks
    Lynn

First question - a few weeks, maybe as many as six.

Second question - I don't know because I've always ordered from York, but hopefully someone else knows the answer?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Don't know if this is any help but I ordered Wills from Lancashire Record Office and they took about a week.I also sent a query to Cheshire and had a response in a few days.
      Fran

Comment

My Lancashire wills took 14 days from when I posted the form in Australia till I got them back. Considering there was at least 5-6 days getting to and from airports,etc.....

Can't complain.

Comment

These wills are from the 1940's & so I don't think that they can be got from the Record Offices. I just seem to remember someone saying that they had ordered from other places.
          Lynn

Comment

When you say one will was from Chester, was that actually the Probate Registry used?

I imagine that the inidividual registries would hold copies of heir own wills, but it would not necessarily follow that wills made in Chester would be proved there.

NB Having got some copies of wills from First Avenue House last week, they were all copies from will registers or certified copies.
            Phoenix - with charred feathers
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

I meant that was where the will maker was living & died. I have no idea where they were proved. It looks like it will be easiest just to order from York.
              Lynn

Comment

I have sent off for the wills but as I was filling out the form, I discovered that I did know where they had been proved, Lincoln for the Barton one & London for the Chester one. I shall look forward to receiving them.
                Lynn

Comment

Working...
                X