Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A challenge for you all!

Hello everyone.

With the amount of success I have had with another thread. My partner has decided that she would like to look back on her family history too. Now the information I can provide is limited but I hope it can start you all off.

My partners grandmother is ********* (living).

Her parents were Thomas Price & Margaret Price (She was price originally).

Thomas & Margaret had 7 children

Elizabeth
    Irene
    Iris
    Marine
    ***** (My partners grandmother) DATE OF BIRTH - 21/JANUARY/1924

&

David
    Glyn (Apparently Glyndw)

This is all we have at the moment. I'm sorry to be so vague but this is literally all we have.

My partner is sitting on my shoulder waiting for answers on this one

Thanks guys I just know you'll come up trumps

Kind Regards

Shaun & Andrina
    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 24-08-08, 20:18. Reason: removed living name

Question is - what does she want to know?

I guess Wales comes into the equasion, but any idea where?
    Jess

Comment

Yes, they were living in "Rhymney" as a family. however Margaret was born in Rhymney but Thomas was from a place called "Old Tredegar".

I generally think it's a matter of interest to find out possibly the occupations and any history that may be in the past that comes with the family. For example, me personally I have managed to come across some amazing history on my GGG Grandfather. I think Andrina is just looking for history and origin.

Over to you guys!

Comment

was ****** the eldest/the youngest?

( Price is going to be hard going, of course)
        Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 24-08-08, 20:18. Reason: removed living name
        Jess

Comment

The 1924 birth is in Bedwelty district. Does anyone know if they livced in the same area for all the children?

The problem with them being Price and Price is that there are dozens and dozens of births after 1991 (when mums maiden name started being incouded in the GRO indexes) including all the illegitimate Price births! It will be hard to sort out which are right.

Does anyone know when any of the Price children died? Deaths after 1969 have date of birth on the index, which could help.
          Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 24-08-08, 20:15. Reason: typo!

Comment

My geography is poor LOL

There is a Thomas and Margaret (both Price) married in1916 in Bedwelty Monmouthshire.

Comment

I gather your partner's grandmother is still living?

Big first step is to find out from here everything she knows about her family. This may well be the way to get a breakthrough. With a fairly common name and Welsh family too you need every bit of info you can muster!!

Comment

****** was neither the eldest nor the youngest she was an "in between"

David was the oldest child and he was born roughly 1914 but i will confirm this asap.

Comment

There is also a Thomas & Margaret Price already married and tucked up in 1901 in Rhymney !
                  Jess

Comment

Yes you are right, ******* is still alive and she is 84.

I can understand how vague this situation is but as things unfold I'm the answers will become clear. MY partner believes that Thomas & Margaret were born locally to the area of Rhymney. A little history on Thomas - He was in WW1 but then was injured and sent home. He then become a minor. Margaret on the other hand she was working in a "Brickyad"

The plot thickenss
                    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 24-08-08, 20:19. Reason: removed living name

Comment

You are going to need their marriage cert (Thomas and Margaret) to establish their aged and father's details. But first you need to decide if the 1916 marriage posted earlier is the right one.

Also if gran knows when her parents died and it was after 1969 then you might be able to sort out their dates of birth.

Comment

I understand how this can be a massive challenge - hence the thread title! joy!

Bedwelty is not near the Rhymney area :(

I would say they would be born well before 1900. ****** is 84 which would take us back to 1924.

Lets keep the ball rolling..
                        Last edited by KiteRunner; 24-08-08, 21:43. Reason: name

Comment

If you are sure that David is the eldest then he was either b in 1911 or not in Bedwelty (the earlier part of the above births list should be virtually 100% complete). It's his birth date you really need, either from his death registration or from gran's memory.

If that is him in 1911 then the 1916 marriage may be wrong. Obviously his entry is going to look exactly the same whether he was born in or out of wedlock!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun_Pearce View Post
                            I understand how this can be a massive challenge - hence the thread title! joy!

Bedwelty is not near the Rhymney area :(

I would say they would be born well before 1900. ******* is 84 which would take us back to 1924.

Lets keep the ball rolling..
                            Ah, so did I find the wrong birth reg? Does she know what town she was born in? That would really help!

UPDATE see next post!!
                            Last edited by KiteRunner; 24-08-08, 21:44. Reason: name

Comment

Oh, it's OK Rhymney is def in Bedwellty District.

Comment

I can confirm that they were married before 1916 and Bedwelty is not near Rhymney.

I can confirm that they were married in 1914 and they had david 2 years later. they were married in "Old Tredegar - registry office"

Comment

I would say they would be born well before 1900.
                                  Yes, but we are not going to be able to find them for certain without the marriage cert, or more info on their death dates/birth dates.

Comment

Who are you referring to when you say "She was born" ****** or her mother Margaret?
                                    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 24-08-08, 20:34. Reason: living person

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun_Pearce View Post
                                      I can confirm that they were married before 1916 and Bedwelty is not near Rhymney.

I can confirm that they were married in 1914 and they had david 2 years later. they were married in "Old Tredegar - registry office"
                                      Bedwellty may not be near Rhymney, but it is in Bedwellty District

See here:

Bedwelty Registration District

Comment

I am overwhelmed by your valiant effort to help MMM. We have had ******* on the phone for the past 30 minutes trying our very best to help.

We will take your advice and find the cert's and confirm some dates.

You're all great help thank you very much.
                                        Last edited by KiteRunner; 24-08-08, 21:45. Reason: name

Comment

Working...
                                        X