Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

Hi
    I wonder if anyone can help me using ancestory to find three births??
    At the moment I'm just putting a single surname in with a date range and its bringing up too many pages... HELP!

I have Three siblings born around 1915... sorry but don't know exact years or place of birth. All we know is that one of them went onto marry in the Newton Heath area of Manchester.

I have a Thomas Seymour b. c. 1915
    brother, John and a sister but haven't got a name...

I have checked both Free BMD and Lancashire BMD doing the same and although I've got a couple of Thomas's and a few Johns...... none have the same maiden name?

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Tracy

The details you give are really not enough to find Thomas especially with a surname like Seymour. Have you no further details to give like mothers maiden name or his wife name?
    I would suggest you search through the birth index.
    I expect you realise that if these peeps are living you cannot post their details on here.
    GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
      The details you give are really not enough to find Thomas especially with a surname like Seymour. Have you no further details to give like mothers maiden name or his wife name?
      I would suggest you search through the birth index.
      I expect you realise that if these peeps are living you cannot post their details on here.
      Hi Gwen,
      Yes I know about not putting living relatives details up. Thanks.
      What I wanted to know was how to do a 'detailed' search on Ancestory.
      I have a few 'potential' maiden names, but can't seem to get anything up on Ancestory.
      There are very few Seymours listed on either Free BMD or Lancashire BMD, so I don't think it will be a problem matching them up. I just need to double check the 'possibles' with all the indexes.
      Thanks
      Tracy

Comment

Ancestry's transcribed birth indexes for that period would be from Freebmd, so if its not on Freebmd the only way to find it is to go to the complete index pages and search Seymour for each quarter of each year.

Or you could wait until Freebmd catches up.

If there are different mother's maiden names for the children, but the registration district is the same then perhaps there was another marriage for the father.

You could try looking for marriages with the names you have.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi Little Nell,

Have found it!!!;)

Found his death on the indexes, which gave the correct birth.... and when I looked at the relevent birth index on Ancestory... I found it...... took a while... but all sorted...

Thanks for your help

Tracy

Comment

Well done!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
            X