add-on to Lancs OPC info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add-on to Lancs OPC info

If you look on the OPC site for entries relating to St Marks, Bolton, you're only likely to find baptisms, but if you follow the link to the church & school site, there's lots more info.

For instance, there are weddings (principal names & ages only) 1871-1971 (although there are some big gaps!)
    St Marks School Fletcher St Bolton Church Weddings

There are also school register names by decade.

Definitely worth a visit if you have names from that area. There's even this link:
    St Marks School Fletcher St Bolton, CH002
    described as : Wedding certificate from 1876 at St Marks Church for Amelia Tatlock and William Smith with the Rev John George Doman's signature
    I have to say that I thought that the signature looked more like Holden than Doman - but maybe I'm missing something - or getting infected by OC's obsessions! ;)

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...
Working...
X