I am having a whinge about contacts!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having a whinge about contacts!!

We have all experienced the irritation of finding someone that has half your family on their tree and when you contact them they do not answer.
    However, recently I have experienced a new twist. I have had 3 different contacts out of the blue from tribal pages, ancestry message board and Gr. One offered photos , one some general stuff and the other from ancestry's message board, the most exciting had info on my own tree.
    I reply to them all with great, really looking forward to receiving your info. Of course I give them the password to study/my tree and then what?
    Diddley squat.
    Are they mad??
    Or maybe I am.
    Jeanie
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Perhaps you might withdraw the access, as they seem to have been mistaken?

But it must be really maddening.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine,
      There is no mistake. The photos were for someone on the one named study, the general info also related to the study. I'm not so concerned about those. However, the one related to my family did not know she was. She just said I see you are doing a study on the name Brewerton. She is related to my Gt X 3 grandfather. I can see by the private tree on ancestry that she has the correct names.She will have more info on my gt. aunt .
      If I withdraw access I would need to change the password. This is where the new tribal pages system will be good when it is up and running.
      Regards
      Jeanie
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Jeanie, don't know if its a common problem or not yet, but I recently found out that all emails I get from Ancestry, Tribal pages & a couple of other sites are being blocked as spam by my ISP. To get round this I have created a hotmail addy while my ISP sorts it out (or not

So it may not be the fault of the people you are trying to contact... they may not be receiving your replies.
        Vicky

Comment

Hi Vicky,
          I did wonder about that re ancestry so as well as replying via her e-mail I also posted on the message board.
          The women on Gr I replied as normal and on TP I did it via their message service so there might be a problem there though I have had no probs in the past. My main e-mail is a hotmail one.
          Thanks for your thoughts
          Jeanie
          Searching for:

Comment

Hi Christine,
            There is no mistake.
            I didn't really mean that there had been a mistake - just that their behaviour seemed to imply it and you might choose to react accordingly.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X