Wife not named on naturalization papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife not named on naturalization papers

I have my Great Great Grandfathers Naturalization papers he and his six children at the time are named but not his Wife, it just says he is living with his Wife and the Children.
    Would she automatically use the new surname, she was born here so were the children.

Val

If she was born here, surely she was already a British Subject, so wouldn't have needed to be naturalised?

Either way, only the named person can be naturalised, I don't think they do "job lots" of adults!

She could use whatever surname she wanted to use anyway, naturalisation or not.

OC

Comment

The children were probably included automatically as you take your father's nationality so they would be regarded as foreigners even though born here. His wife would not be affected other than the change of name/

Comment

As long as his wife's parents and his wife were born in the UK then she wouldn't need naturalizing!

Comment

I worded this all wrong and have asked for the title to be amended sorry
          Thanks for your replies I am trying to track down his Wifes Birth and Death and have had no luck at all , was hoping this might throw some light on it .

Comment

When was this? What info do you have?
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Val, another thought following you reply. You don't say where or whem they lived but a lot of immigrants who came to e.gg. London, settled in areas that were predominently Jewish so it could be worth looking for her birth in some of the Jewish Geneaogy sites of you don't find her elsewhere.Also the Huguenot sites.

Comment

hi Nell have put another thread up about her thanks
                Thanks BC had not thought of that.
                I have sent for The Chief Rabbis Papers on the Marriage hoping to throw some light on it ,but they are a long time coming.

Comment

Working...
                X