Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA? 21st August 2008 is.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winner of WDWTYA? 21st August 2008 is.........

Shevy

Well done!!!

Well done Shevy go for it girl ;;;good luck
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Good luck Shevy and well done

]

Comment

shevy congratulations brenda xxx

Comment

ooooh I never win anything. How exciting.

BUt what do I do now (insert embarrassed smiley). I have a real elusive one, who I have been stuck on for years, I already posted about him a few weeks back, just looking for new ideas more than anything, and I move to Canada in just over a week, so will not be able to get to records offices here :(

this is the thread

Last edited by Shevy; 22-08-08, 17:03.
          Researching the following names:Clarke, Littlejohns, Mansfield, Michelin, Anderson, Marr, Newlands, Shiells, Paterson, Taylor, Catleugh, Thomson, Rutherford, Cullen, Dowling, Douglas and many more
          My family tree
          In search of my Elusive G Grandfather - Grosvenor Ashford Clarke - A Dramatic Actor

Comment

So, we're looking for any trace of Grosvenor Ashford Clarke. Have you managed to rule out Grosvenor Clarke whose birth was registered Jun 1893 King's Norton? (Not too far from Birmingham) There is also a Grosvenor Cyril Clarke birth registered Mar 1894 S Stoneham. And a Grosvenor John Clark (no "e") Jun 1895 Glanford B.

There is a Grosvenor Clarke marriage Dec 1921 Christchurch to an Isabel W Todd. Presumably that is the S Stoneham one. No doubt you have already checked this out anyway!
            Last edited by KiteRunner; 22-08-08, 22:26. Reason: couldn't tell the difference between a birth and a marriage!
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There is a Grosvenor Clarke who was an officer in WW1 - have you already checked him out? He gets a couple of mentions in the London Gazette.
              Home
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hiya, yep I have ruled out those Grosvenors. The one born in birmingham is the ww1 person, plus the guy who married in Christchurch, I have traced descendents of that family and no connection. The Grosvenor J Clark died before the time in question and the Grosvenor Cyril Clarke married and was in a different area to the time I am looking at.

In one of the stage magazine articles he was refered to as Major Ashford Clarke, but I cant find any military records for him either. It seems he used Ashford Clarke sometimes as well as Grosvenor Ashford Clarke.

I have also looked at the Ashford Clarke/Clark born in the UK and have ruled those out as mine too.

It seems he was determined to not be found.

I suppose it is possible that his name is a stage name, but if that is the case, how on earth to I go about tracing who he really is. He is giving me such a headache as I have been stuck for years now and cant move any further on that line and he is line who carried my surname as well :( so the most important really.
                Researching the following names:Clarke, Littlejohns, Mansfield, Michelin, Anderson, Marr, Newlands, Shiells, Paterson, Taylor, Catleugh, Thomson, Rutherford, Cullen, Dowling, Douglas and many more
                My family tree
                In search of my Elusive G Grandfather - Grosvenor Ashford Clarke - A Dramatic Actor

Comment

In one of the stage magazine articles he was refered to as Major Ashford Clarke, but I cant find any military records for him either.
                  What date was that, Shevy?

Comment

It was 1921
                    My family tree

Comment

Working...
                    X