Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Cartwright c1852

Hello all

Can somebody please tell me where William Cartwright was born please?

The source is - piece, 2773 - folio, 98 - page, 33

Im not able to view it untill payday:o

Danny
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Which year?
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hey John

The year is 1861

Danny

Comment

something in that dataset doesn't chime for me? - where are they living? - or are there other names there?

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 21-08-08, 19:46.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Danny he was born Wigan lancs

Step son of John Seddon?

]

Comment

I had to write down the source as thats how i wrote it in my notes.

Danny

Comment

Thankyou Denise

From memory i couldnt remember and for some reason his birthplace isnt in my notes.

Danny

Comment

Right.

He's mistranscribed as CARLOUGH. I've submitted a correction to Ancestry.

The whole family is born Wigan. Head of family is John Seddon. William is his stepson. There's also a stepdaughter.

Comment

Do you have any other snippets which could narrow him down?

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                    something in that dataset doesn't chime for me? - where are they living? - or are there other names there?

Christine
                    I eventually found him just with William. Because the surname was mistranscribed CARLOUGH the matches were all rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                      Right.

He's mistranscribed as CARLOUGH. I've submitted a correction to Ancestry.

The whole family is born Wigan. Head of family is John Seddon. William is his stepson. There's also a stepdaughter.
                      I saw that one (transcribed) and decided that Carlough was the wrong shape for Cartwright and didn't look at the image... wrong again! Well done, UJ!

Christine

Comment

I looked at this one and hes clearly transcribesd cartwright but like UJ says Carlough on search.

RG9; Piece: 2773; Folio: 98; Page: 33

]

Comment

Originally posted by quiffdo View Post
                          Thankyou Denise

From memory i couldnt remember and for some reason his birthplace isnt in my notes.

Danny
                          Good job i remembered your Seddons then :D

]

Comment

Thankyou everyone

The step-daughter Martha was mistranscribed as Keeves but her actual name was Reeves.

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Light View Post
                              Good job i remembered your Seddons then :D
                              Thankyou Denise

Good job our ancestors come from the same place, and you have an excellent memory

Danny

Comment

Danny Martha is transcribed Keever lol and my memory is shocking!:o

I only remembered them cause its Wigan..

]

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                                  I saw that one (transcribed) and decided that Carlough was the wrong shape for Cartwright and didn't look at the image... wrong again! Well done, UJ!
                                  No great detective skills. It was the top of the list for "William" "1852" plus the census ref. The ref matched so I looked at the image. Voila.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                                    No great detective skills. It was the top of the list for "William" "1852" plus the census ref. The ref matched so I looked at the image. Voila.
                                    I meant that you didn't fall into the same trap that I did!

Christine

Comment

Working...
                                    X