Give us a Tune!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give us a Tune!

While I'm on holiday I thought that I would let you work on my Tuen relatives. Joseph Tune a seaman bachelor of full age father John Tune Farmer marries Eliza Fletcher a spinster of full age father James Fletcher Tin? Plate Worker in 1855 in Norwich St Giles. Now Joseph's son Joseph marries Emma Ewles and I have the lines downwards but I cannot get upwards.

Thanks in advance!
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Joseph calling himself TURN, when he marries Emma in Yarmouth- yes?
    you want to come this way or go back?
    Jess

Comment

Eliza is a widow in 1871. with son Joseph born c1857 Yarmouth

I can't read her birthplace though. Norfolk Ha????

RG10; Piece: 1785; Folio: 52; Page: 2
      Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

It's been transcribed as Hastro which is what it looks like.

Looking at Genuki
        there's Hadsco as a version of Haddiscoe, which isn't far from Yarmouth.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I think it may be Hasbro but I'm struggling to confirm that on a later census

there's a 1901 death in Yarmouth for Eliza Tune born 1820 which may be her, but then she should be on the census
          Zoe in London

Comment

Hasbro is in fact Happisburgh (according to a quick google) which is pronounced Hayz-Bruh

There's a baptism in Happisburgh in 1816 for Eliza Fletcher daughter of James Fletcher, a light house keeper

Now, I had seen them on a census and discounted them as his occupation was wrong - but now I can;t find it again
            Zoe in London

Comment

HO107; Piece 775; Book: 17; Folio: 10; Page: 12; Line: 22
              Zoe in London

Comment

In 1861 Eliza's birthplace is Hasbro too. (Surname transcribed as June on ancestry):

RG9; Piece: 1191; Folio: 11; Page: 16
                Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
                Row 118
                Eliza Tune Head Married 48 Char Woman Hasbro Norfolk
                Joseph Tune Son Unm 3 Scholar Gt Yarmouth Norfolk
                Jane Cook Boarder Wid 55 Char Woman Norwich Norfolk

I'm not certain it says Married for Eliza, rather than Widow, as the writing isn't very good.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I thought of Happisburgh but dismissed it. I'd forgotten about Norfolk ways of pronunciation!

I saw some of the remains of the Rows in Gt Yarmouth last week. As Eliza is working as a charwoman and has a lodger, she may be widowed, but of course her husband might well have been a fisherman and hence not at home.

Comment

Can't see a death for Joseph Tune or Turn. Of course it might be misindexed some other way, or he might be one of those unfortunates who died at sea.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                      Can't see a death for Joseph Tune or Turn. Of course it might be misindexed some other way, or he might be one of those unfortunates who died at sea.
                      I wonder how Hasbro Toys like to be pronounced. :D

And we mustn't forget Windum and Cozzey.
                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

These Tune's are getting on ny nerves. I can only see that Eliza and Joseph had one child Joseph that I know of and his line forward but I cannot work out backwards. Although they are not direct ancestors of mine they hold a fascination due to their name.
                        Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

dont want to point out the obvious, but their name could be put down as TOON or TONE

have seen this in other records...
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                          X