Help with a second marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a second marriage

I have Alfred Penny b 1856 in Bromwich,Staffordshire, he married Johanna John in 1875, Johanna died in 1885, he married again to Alice Jane Budge somewhere bewteen 1885 and 1891 ( as I have him with Alice by then).

Alice is down as being born in Dorset and I'm not sure weather this was her second marriage too, so her madien name may be something other than Budge!

Alfred and Johanna was married in Bridgend, and Alfred and Alice were in Glamorgan in 1891.

Can anyone find the marriage as I can't :(

Thanks
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Where has Budge come from?

if she had been married previously, she wouldnt have married him as Budge, even if it was her maiden name

Actually what 1891 says is she is lodging at the same place as Alfred, it doesn't actually say they are married
    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 21-08-08, 12:09.
    Jess

Comment

It came from my mum when I first started researching, as she remembered the name, as I said it may or may not be her second marriage.They were my grandfathers parents

Can't find a marriage for an Alfred and Alice anywhere.
      Last edited by Chrissy Confused; 21-08-08, 12:08. Reason: To add

Comment

Alice may be the Alice Jane Budge at 43 High Street, Keighley in 1881 with her parents, Thomas and Mary Ann, 7 siblings and 2 lodgers. Thomas was a Railway Labourer, Alice Jane was 18yrs, b Dorset, and one of the lodgers was Francis Lucas, Railway Lab. RG11 Piece 4349, Folio 10, Page 15.
        In 1891, Alice, 30, b Dorsetshire, is with Alfred Penney, 34, at Pontypridd, another Railway Lab, John Penney, 16, and Frank Lucas, 5yrs, Scholar, b Swansea.
        Alice Jane Budge birth Beaminster, Sept 1864, 5a 368.
        Frank Lucas birth Swansea, June 1886, 11a 817.

Still no marriage for Alfred and Alice, I'm afraid., but maybe the above helps with your searches.

Merleyone

Comment

Thanks Merleyone, have made a note and am off searching

Comment

i dont know if it helps but there was a gentleman living in stone staffordshire surname penny,he lived to be nearly 100.he died about 10 years ago brenda xxx

Comment

Do you have a name for him Brenda?

Comment

There is an Alfred Penny marriage in June qtr 1886 Southampton and one of the brides in the list was an Alice Walker.

Doubt that's of any help but you never know.
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

i cant remember but i can find out for you i can ask,unless you go tolds site and put surname penny and look for staffordshire. brenda xxx

Comment

There is an Alice Jane Budge birth reg Sep 1864 Beaminster, Dorset
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy got that one

Brenda, not to worry, doubt its one of mine

Comment

you know his name was william halfpenny sorry brenda xxx

Comment

It looks as if Alice Budge married Frank Lucas at Keighley in September 1881, 9a 251, and Frank Lucas died at Swansea, 39, June 1886, 11a 476.

Missed that the first time, but still no sign of a marriage for Alice Lucas and Alfred Penn(e)y though.

Merleyone

Comment

Thanks Merleyone, will add that to my notes

Comment

There was this one on Staffordshire Births Marriages & Deaths, which looked as if it could have got garbled versions of the names...

FYNNEY Alfred A BIRCH Alice 1886 Onecote cum Bradnop, St Luke Staffordshire Staffordshire Moorlands 39C/1/108

I have done no checking to see if these people appear independently of yours, nor to see when in 1886 this marriage happened. Either of those checks could easily rule this out.

Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by merleyone View Post

Missed that the first time, but still no sign of a marriage for Alice Lucas and Alfred Penn(e)y though.

Merleyone

She was known as Budge in our family, was the name I was given at the start by my mum

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                                  There was this one on Staffordshire Births Marriages & Deaths, which looked as if it could have got garbled versions of the names...

FYNNEY Alfred A BIRCH Alice 1886 Onecote cum Bradnop, St Luke Staffordshire Staffordshire Moorlands 39C/1/108

I have done no checking to see if these people appear independently of yours, nor to see when in 1886 this marriage happened. Either of those checks could easily rule this out.

Christine
                                  Thanks Christine

The oldest child I have for them is Samuel b 1892, Rhonder Valley, South Wales, and from 1875 (1st marriage) until at least 1891(census), Alfred was in wales, so don't think it can be them.

But thank you for looking

Comment

Working...
                                  X