Cannot find Kitty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find Kitty

Kitthy Mottershead, born Dec Qtr 1843 in Northwich, Cheshire. She married one of the following Sep Qtr 1862 but I cannot find her in 1871. Can anyone help please?

Haywood John Manchester 8d 424
    Mottershead Kitty Manchester 8d 424
    Schofield Alfred Manchester 8d 424
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

no, nor can I !

( think everyone is watching WDYTYA !)
    Jess

Comment

Jess
      Yes, I realised that after I posted. I am watching too.
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

:D Good wasn't it !

No luck either ....
        Last edited by Rachel Scand; 20-08-08, 22:14.
        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

She married John Haywood at St John's Manchester according to Lancs BMD
          PAT

Comment

Pat
            Thank you so much, you are a star!
            I wonder why I can't find them in 1871?
            By the way, how are you?
            Lynne

Comment

I have looked for Heywood as well as Haywood but no luck

I am fine how are you
              PAT

Comment

I'm wondering - no idea of the geography

Kitty Haywood 1865 Jan-Feb-Mar Chorlton Lancashire

maybe she died?
                Jess

Comment

Pat
                  Thanks for looking.
                  I am fine, just a bit tired with work. Can't wait till I retire in 2 years so I can spend more time on this.
                  Lynne

Comment

Oh, Jess, it looks like that must be her. Chorlton is a district of Manchester.
                    Lynne

Comment

How sad that she died so young.
                      Maybe she died in childbirth, so now I need to find John to see if there are any children.
                      I am tempted to buy the cert even though she is not a direct relative and I wouldn't normally bother.
                      Lynne

Comment

You could look at the original parish record at the library
                        PAT

Comment

Pat
                          I would love to have the time to do that but unfortunately it's not possible at the moment. I don't have much annual leave with using so much to go to Australia in May.
                          This will have to go on the back burner until I can spend more time on it.
                          Thanks anyway for your help.
                          Lynne

Comment

When I go again I will have a look. I will make a note of it
                            PAT

Comment

Oh, Pat, as I said before, you are a star! Thank you so much.
                              When I can take time off we must arrange to meet at the library again and I will treat you to lunch.
                              Lynne

Comment

I went to the archives today

10th August 1862 St John's Manchester

John Haywood 21 Bachelor Threadcutter 39 Baxter St. Father James occupation carter

Kitty Mottershead 20 Spinster ? Edge St Father William occupation engineer

Witnesses John and Harriet Owen
                                PAT

Comment

Pat
                                  Thanks a lot, I've sent you a PM.
                                  Lynne

Comment

Working...
                                  X