Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icons and Gedcoms and stuff.

Hi all,

I've just done myself an 'idiots guide' to the icons I get on my desktop, so that I don't have to keep looking in my subscribed threads to find the answers all the time. It's a compilation from the Wiki, and Elaine's answers to my plaintive queries.

Would it be ok to put it on here for anyone else with the same 'IT block' that I get?

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Would it be ok to put it on here for anyone else with the same 'IT block' that I get?
    Yes, of course it is, Bee.
    Elaine

Comment

Ok, thanks Elaine. Wouldn't want to be accused of plagerism!

Ahh!! - problem! Just tried to C&P, and the actual icons don't show! Drat! That's what I'd found so helpful - to see what each explanation was about.

Any ideas of how to overcome this? The version I've saved in My Docs is what I copied from the Wiki, and the icons copied ok in MSWord.

Bee.

Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
      COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Use the print screen button on your keyboard, save the image into Paint, upload to photobucket then post on the board pasting the img code from photobucket.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Thanks for this Glen. But :o I don't know what 'Paint' is and I don't use photobucket!

If I could figure Paint out - with some guidance - would there be another way, without using photobucket? (I can only learn one new thing a month, otherwise my brain explodes!)

Or could I send you what I've done and you could jiggle with it??

I just wanted to share something that suited my technophobic mind with all the other technophobes I know are out there.

Bee.
          Bee~~~fuddled.

Comment

Photobucket lets you add the images straight into the thread without adding them as attachments.

It has two major advantages over the attachment method,
            First it doesn't slow the site down (the images are held on the PB server) and secondly the images appear straight in the thread and can be viewed alongside your text explanation.

Paint is a programme built into Windows, usually found in accessories but it depends what system of Windows you are using.

If you send the images to me i can only add them into a post but because it is my post you couldn't edit text into it, in the same way i couldn't edit the img codes into your posts to display the images.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
            My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
            My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
            X