USA/Canada advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA/Canada advice please

I think my great great uncle Albert Edward Easterling married his German born wife Christina in the States in c1900. They were in Erie, New York in 1910 and I believe they and maybe some of their children emigrated to Canada later on.

If this information is correct, is it possible for me to find their marriage and then their deaths in a similar way as in the UK?
    Asa

BMD certificates are available, but by individual state. A lot of them work through VitalChek for credit card applications. I think you can usually find the info by googling for the state name and something like "marriage certificate", and choosing a ".gov" sort of option.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Have you looked on the Wiki?
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine (although I've never heard of VitalChek!).

I did look on the Wiki but I must have my especially dim head on this evening cos I couldn't find what I was after:-)
        Asa

Comment

This link to the Ontario Vital Statistics Project may help. The project is on going though - I'm not sure how complete it is.
          Vital Records

It also includes links to BC records and New Brunswick.

Update: have checked and can't find an Easterling in Ontario.
          Last edited by jenoco; 20-08-08, 04:18.
          Jenny

Comment

Thank you, Jenny. I'm not having much luck with them so far:-)
            Asa

Comment

Aaah. Just found that Albert and Christina emigrated from Southampton to Quebec in 1930....
              Asa

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post
                Aaah. Just found that Albert and Christina emigrated from Southampton to Quebec in 1930....
                So much for family "facts"!!
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

lol John - the family facts are actually right as well. He arrived in Ellis Island in 1903, although he was already married and had a daughter by then. As neither the marriage nor the daughter's birth are registered in England or Wales, I assume he went back and forth a bit. His sons were born in New York in 1903 and 1905.
                  Asa

Comment

Working...
                  X