Help printing the Times online Archives, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help printing the Times online Archives, please

I cannot print them out (just get blank pages) - have tried saving them in every format that seems to be on offer and still can't do it!

I don't think it can be our printer, as we replaced it recently and had the same problem with the old one.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
    Joan died in July 2020.

Joan, is it the new site that you're trying to print from, or the (old) Times Digital Archive one?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hello Kite

I don't know whether it is the old or new site that I am trying to print from :o

I am using this link - Times Archive | Online Newspaper Archive of The Times from 1785-1985 - and when I print, I just get blocks of grey where the article should be :(

Thanks
      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

That's the new site, Joan. It does say on their home page that they still have some "hitches" that they are working on fixing, and it says this in the FAQ's:

I have tried to save and print an article but have got a blank page. Why is this happening?

Unfortunately a number of the save/print images were lost during one stage of the Archive launch. We are in the process of restoring them, but it is proving to be a considerable task. Please accept our apologies for now; they should all be available shortly.

Do you have access to the Gale database including Times Digital Archive via your local library? Because that is the "old" version that I was talking about and presumably printing from that site is o.k., although I haven't ever printed anything off from it so I don't know for sure.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kite - my local library doesn't have access to Gale - but I think you are right - I'm sure I had no problems when the free trial was going on.
          Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Did you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Save/Print" (I think that's what it says)? If you don't do that, it doesn't work.

Comment

Thanks all - it's now sorted:D
              Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Working...
              X