Is there an easy way to remove photos from FTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an easy way to remove photos from FTM

I have decided as it takes so long to back up my tree to the internet due to having so many photos and images in the scrapbook to delete them , but other than going to each one individually is there an easier way ???
    Thanks
    Got to go out but back later for hopefully some ideas

Pass Val only way I know is individually sorry
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I think this should work Val. :(

Export a GEDCOM file from your current master file - then reopen the GEDCOM file in FTM. As photos are not transferred with GEDCOMs, this should eliminate them.

Unfortunately if you have a book on your FTM it will eliminate that as well but it shouldn't affect any notes or facts that you have.
      Elaine

Comment

so did I Babs but I have so many its ridiculous
        Thanks Elaine shall try that tonight

Comment

This makes me laugh Val as your deleting them as I am adding them ;;;llol

Comment

yes it does seem daft Babs but it is so slow in backing up ,what I am doing is putting them all into Tribalpages instead, spent hours last night starting on them.

Comment

Val thats what I was adding them all in for forgot they didnt transfer with gedcom , so wasted my time have them all to add all over again now to tribla pages ;;;lol

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                yes it does seem daft Babs but it is so slow in backing up ,what I am doing is putting them all into Tribalpages instead, spent hours last night starting on them.
                I suppose the only problem with this Val is that you cannot back them up from Tribal Pages - so trust you have them backed up separately.
                Elaine

Comment

I did that too Babs very annoying, I dont really understand the difference between gedcoms and whatever do you ??????????.
                  Elaine is that so ??? oh dear.

Comment

Val if they are on your computer you need to back them up to disc as well is what Elaine means ,,,oh I knew about photos just forgot ;;Im sticking with old age excuse for me ;;;lol

Comment

Val, as far as I am aware the only way to back up your data on Tribal Pages is to export a gedcom file - which unfortunately won't contain your photos.
                      (Am not a Tribal Pages user so please correct me if I am wrong here!)

Just make sure you back them up on the CD or memory stick from your own PC and all should be fine.
                      Elaine

Comment

Can Gedcoms be added for additional family lines on my website ?
                        You will need to sign up a new site for each line. Each GEDCOM that is uploaded wipes out the names that exist on your site. However photos that you uploaded previously to your site are not deleted. If a photo was associated with a name, and the same name appears in the uploaded GEDCOM, then the photo remains linked to that name, otherwise the photo will not be linked to any name, but will remain in the album.

It seems if the name still exists in your new gedcom the photos are still there so at least thats something.

Comment

Working...
                        X