Bit of a puzzle going on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of a puzzle going on here.

I've been passed some info from a distant rellie on my OH's side with quite definite dates in it, but I thought that I would check it out to the indexes to be sure.

What I have been given is as follows

Robert Murray Nassau MOLESWORTH=Nora Madeleine CONNELL

2 children
    Joan Florence MOLESWORTH - dob 17th Dec 1920 in Walsall

I wasn't given a date of marriage for the couple, so did a search on Free BMD, and to my surprise there were 2 marriages for Robert, one to Nora as above in Tiverton in 1926, but an earlier one in Warwick to Lucie A LAURENCE in March quarter of 1916.

I have found the birth of name removed fine with mother's maiden name as CONNELL.

I cannot find Joan at all. Her date of birth is confirmed by her death in Dec 2000 - Joan Florence BROWN in Havering, Essex (she married Stanley BROWN in 1948).

Can anybody find her birth reg? I'm not sure if I should be looking for her mother's maiden name as LAURENCE or CONNELL, but whichever it is I can't locate her at all. :(:(
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 19-08-08, 13:34. Reason: remove name
    Pauline
    xx
    OPC Lanlivery, Lanivet & Newquay
    www.mumsiep.tribalpages.com

Hi Pauline,

Can't help with that, but have you seen on TNA website that there is a divorce for Robert and his first wife?

J 77/2136/6871

It was the wife who petitioned for divorce. She was called Lucy Amy Gertrude.

(It was in 1924)

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Just checked OND 1920 and JFM 1921 under both Molesworth and Connell but can't see her.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Do you know if Nora was married before. Could she have had Joan under her maiden name then married.....then married again to Robert??

Can't find Joan under any of those other names.

Comment

Nora was not married before. Interesting about the divorce. I'll have a look at that.

I'm pleased in a way that you are having problems finding the birth. I was beginning to think that it was my eyesight Molesworth is not a common name, and I thought it would be easy to spot. Obviously not
          Pauline
          xx

Comment

Pauline, can you please confirm that Joan's sister is no longer alive? If she is still alive then we would need to remove her name from the posting.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I don't know if Joan's sister is still alive. I do know who she married, and there is no death registered since 1984 for her. May be best to play safe and take her name out. Sorry, I didn't think :o
              Pauline
              xx

Comment

Okay, done it, thanks Pauline.
                KiteRunner

Comment

I've now edited the original thread and removed the second child.
                  Pauline
                  xx

Comment

I'm having no luck looking for her birth, Pauline. I wonder whether she may have knocked a few years off her age and actually been born in a different year, not 1920? (Not that I can see her birth in a different year either!) The date of birth given on her death registration would just when the informant believed she was born, not necessarily correct.
                    KiteRunner

Comment

I've checked years either side and no joy either. It seems very strange I have to say. I've looked under both the maiden names that Robert was married to, especially in light of Tom finding the divorce proceedings.

Think if she can't be found I will leave the info as it stands.

Thanks for looking.
                      Pauline
                      xx

Comment

Working...
                      X