Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding marriage

Hello everyone

Im trying to find two marriage for two sisters named Hannah Hulse and Elizabeth Hulse.

I have them both on the 1851 England census living with thier mother and brother.
    I have there Brothers marriage (my 4xg grandfather) Herbert Hulse to Ann Davies.
    There was a lodger living with them named William Beech (Blacksmith) and i think i may have his marriage to Hannah Hulse in 1851 in the correct area of Burslem Staffs.

I dont have Ancestry at the mo but here is the 1851 source - piece, 2003 - folio, 357 - page, 19

The 1861 census shows that only Elizabeth Hulse and her brother and mother are at home.
    Elizabeth is a Potter and is 24 years old.
    I havent found her on the census after 1861 as yet.

1861 census - piece, 1929 - folio, 54 - page, 10

I just need to see if one of the sisters puts down the same father as Herbert did as im convinced he put down his uncle as im sure he was illegitimate.

Any help would be great.

Danny
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Shows the pairing you were hoping for:
    HULSE Hannah BEECH William Burslem, St John Stoke-On-Trent 3/3/035.

If there's someone who can get to the Records Office for you, you may be able to get a photocopy of the parish marriage register entry. If you have to send for it, the GRO has recently required that all the marriage entries are charged at the standard £7 fee as for a certificate. :(

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

The same year (1851) there's also these marriages showing on the site:

HULSE Elizabeth BAGNALL Richard Stoke, St Peter Stoke-On-Trent 31/08/220
      HULSE Hannah SECKERSON Benjamin Tunstall, Christ Church Stoke-On-Trent 33/02/103.
      HULSE William BURGESS Hannah Longton, St James Stoke-On-Trent 18/2/054.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thankyou Christine

Im 99% sure that the marriage between Hannah and William is correct as he was lodging with the family in 1851.

Ill see if someone can get a photocopy and if not then i will send for it.

Danny

Comment

Another HULSE marriage at the same church:

1856 HULSE John HULME Rebecca Burslem, St John Stoke-On-Trent 3/04/011.

But there are a number (21) of other HULSE marriages in the area between 1851 and 1861. Worth a look, if you haven't already?

Christine

Comment

Im unsure about the John Hulse to Rebecca Hulme as ive not long been researching my Hulse's although they are my direct line.

Ive not got Ancestry at the mo so my first port of call is to subscribe at some point soon.

Danny

Comment

IGI has this

ELIZABETH HULSE
              Spouse: JAMES BOSSONS
              Marriage: 07 AUG 1858 Wolstanton, Stafford
              , England
              Source Information: Batch No.: M010035
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hi Nell

I have Elizabeth on the 1861 census aged 24 still living with her mum Ann and is down as unmarried.

Danny

Comment

I assume the William Beech Hannah Hulse marriage you found is the one in June Quarter 1851 Wolstanton district 17 page 333 Hannah's entry on Freebmd has been mistranscribed as page 335 but the images show they both have page 333 and Wolstanton district covers Burslem so I would agree with you.

There's an Eliza Hulse marrying in Wolstanton in 1866 and a Frances Elizabeth Hulse in 1869. Could one of these be your Elizabeth I wonder? But of course she may not have married from home, so may be in another district.
                  Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Hi Judith

I also noticed that Frances Elizabeth marriage which looked half decent.

I am now convinced that the marriage to William Beech is my marriage.

Just Elizabeth to solve.

Danny

Comment

If you have a look at that Staffs BMD site, you may find other useful stuff. In any event, there are these (confining myself to HULSE marriages in Burslem):

1864 HULSE Emma BEDSON James Burslem, St John Stoke-On-Trent 3/05/007.
                      1868 HULSE Neomi MEREDITH Charles Burslem, St John Stoke-On-Trent 3/05/170
                      1869 HULSE Frances Elizabeth BERRISFORD Thomas Burslem, St John Stoke-On-Trent 3/05/174.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                      X