How to save images from Findmypast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to save images from Findmypast

I am trying to save some images but whichever way I do it the person I send them to cannot read them ???????? something to do with a deju viewer ???
    whats the best way to save them so they are readable thanks

Can you right click on them and save them as Jpg's?
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

There's a free downloadable add-on called DejaVu which give very good images. But I thought it allowed other formats, anyway, now.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

You can save the file to your computer - open it in Paint - and then resave in jpg format,

- or the person you are sending it to should be able to download a free dejavu viewer.
        Elaine

Comment

thanks everyone shall inform her

Comment

Hello Val-
            You can save the images in JPG format directly from the findmypast site. However, you will need to switch from Enhanced Viewer to the Standard Viewer. When viewing an image, click on the "Can't View Image" button, then click the "Switch to Standard Viewer" button. The image should reappear. Click on the "Save Image" button again and now it will prompt to save a JPG instead of a DJVU file. Hope this helps.

Regards,
            Matt Garner
            findmypast.com support

Comment

oh thanks so much Matt, I should have thought of that!! I know I used to be able to save them and read them, thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
              X