Born 1910, How to find Parents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born 1910, How to find Parents?

I have Charles Burnell born Kidderminster Sep 1910 Vol 6c Page 203, other than getting the cert ( not my Ancestor), is there away of finding his parents?

Thanks
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Hi Chrissie,

You could find a christening, get the marriage certificate, wait until the 1911 census is out or order the cert. Other than that I don't think there is, sorry.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Chrisie, looks like you need a trip into town to the History Centre to look at parish records for Kiddi churches baptisms.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Thanks Tom

Was just thinking that myself Daphne

Comment

You could look for other Burnells born Kidderminster after 1911 who could be siblings. Births after 1911 have mother's maiden name. You could then find possible marriage of likely parents to narrow down candidates.

Depends how common Burnell was in Kidderminster around that time.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

These are the only Burnell births in Kidderminster on FreeBMD after 1900:

Births Sep 1906
            Burnell Edith May Kidderminster 6c 212

Births Mar 1908
            Burnell Nellie Winifred Kidderminster 6c 227

Births Sep 1910
            BURNELL Charles Kidderminster 6c 203

This marriage looks quite likely, considering your man is called Charles! It's also the only male Burnell marriage on FreeBMD in Kidderminster between 1890 & 1910:

Marriages Sep 1904
            Burnell Charles Kidderminster 6c 331
            Hooper Mary Jane Kidderminster 6c 331
            Jenkinson Harry Edwin Kidderminster 6c 331
            Parker Lilian Annie Kidderminster 6c 331
            Last edited by Richard in Perth; 18-08-08, 01:40.

Comment

I tried the process of elimination through FreeBMD in order to find the mother -

Jenkinson as the surname of Birth and then Parker and then Hooper as mother's maiden name.

No births post 1904 in Kidderminster came up. Although you could run the same search over a slightly larger area - such as County.
              Last edited by Simon in Bucks; 18-08-08, 11:59.

Comment

I tried the other name combinations (using FreeBMD), since Simon had already done the principals - but with just as much result - i.e. none, I'm afraid. I used Worcestershire as the place criterion.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Even if we can find out who that Charles Burnell married, we couldn't be sure that he was the other Charles's father, could we? And I couldn't see him on GR. Can't think of any way that hasn't already been suggested, I'm afraid.
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

No can't be sure without buying the cert, but, my money is on Lilian Parker and Charles Burnell, because this looks like Lilian in 1901:

Name: Lilian A Parker
                    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1880
                    Relation: Daughter
                    Father's Name: William
                    Mother's Name: Eliza
                    Where born: Manchester, Lancashire, England
                    Town: Kidderminster
                    County/Island: Worcestershire
                    William Parker 41
                    Eliza Parker 42
                    Lilian A Parker 21
                    Nellie M Parker 20
                    Florence E Parker 17
                    William A Parker 14
                    Minnie E Parker 12
                    Edith E Parker 10
                    Albert E Parker 8
                    Doris E Parker 1

Note two younger sisters named Edith & Nellie (the names of the two Burnell girls born in 1906 & 1908)! Yes I know, you'd have to buy the cert to be sure - unless you can get to the records office and check the PR's for the marriage (which at least we've narrowed down to Jul-Sep 1904). And as KiteRunner says, that still wouldn't prove that they were the younger Charles' parents - for that you'd also need to find his baptism.

Richard
                    Last edited by Richard in Perth; 18-08-08, 14:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Confused View Post
                      I have Charles Burnell born Kidderminster Sep 1910 Vol 6c Page 203, other than getting the cert ( not my Ancestor), is there away of finding his parents?

Thanks
                      I'd spend £7 on the cert to be honest. Otherwise it's just going to be 'educated guesswork' - and for £7 it's not much to clarify the situation. You could have the answer within 7-10 days from the GRO.

Guess it really depends on how much you want to know the details.

In my research, I had a name who wasn't in my tree but was 'adopted' (somewhat unofficially) by my GG Grandmother in the 1910's.........and I was curious to know a bit more - so I bought her Marriage cert and this resulted in a bit more info from my 'oldies' who remembered a few details............

Comment

Thanks Guys, went to the History Centre in Worcester and it seems Charles b 1910 and Nellie b 1908 are siblings and were christened on the same day, parents are Francis Charles and Mary Jane and they were in the workhouse,

Edith May b Sep 1906 Vol 6c Page 212 and Clara Victoria I b Sep 1900 Vol 6c Page 227 couldn't be found

Comment

Working...
                        X