Missing from Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing from Census

I've just started to trace my family using the BMD index as primary source but have ran into trouble with census records.

The 1841 Census shows John Gregg with Wife Ann (Rumbold) & son Robert(My Great-Great-Great Grandfather) as a two year old
    1851 census still shows Robert at home now 13 but in the 1861 census, I can't find anything!. I have Robert's birth certificate (29/5/1839) and marriage to Ann Mitchell on 22/12/1859.
    By the time the 1871 census, Robert and Ann have 5 children - Sarah Ann (10), David (9), Mary Elizabeth (6), James (5) & Jane (2) all born Ripon so don't think he went overseas. What have I missed?

Thanks in advance for any advice
    Dave Gregg

Hello David and welcome to FTF

Is this Sarah Ann in 1861 with grandparents ?

- Ancestry.co.uk

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi Rachel,

Thanks - interesting. I have Sarah Ann in the 1871 census as daughter of Robert Gregg. On Roberts Marriage cert it has John & Ann (formerly Rumbold) as parents, so Sarah Ann's grandparents. Interesting that there was two Greggs living in the same street.

Thanks
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X