Please could anyone help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please could anyone help

I am only a UK member of ancestry but was wondering if anyone here is a member of 'World Ancestry'

If so could someone please take a look at the death of 'Quinton Somerville' for me.

It seems to come under Ontario, Canada Deaths, 1869-1934 and I think it happened in 1933.

I woud be so grateful if someone could look at it as this is one of my missing links.
    With Experience comes Realisation

Ontario, Canada Deaths, 1869-1934
    about Quinton Somerville

Name:Quinton SomervilleDeath Date:5 Oct 1933Death Location:York Gender:Male Estimated Birth Year:abt 1894 Birth Location:Scotland

Comment

Does that look as though it may be the one?

It is quite detailed - cause of death coronary thrombosis - informant wife - Robina Somerville.
      Last edited by Trina; 17-08-08, 17:22.

Comment

Oh Thank you so much Trina

Yes I am sure this must be him.

He was my Great Grandfather's brother.
        My Grandfather was Quentin Sommerville as is my Uncle and also my cousin (Uncles son)

Grandad said he was named after his uncle who was in Canada.
        I discovered that he did actually have a Uncle called Quinton and the name has often changed spellings (one 'M' double 'M') over the years.

There was also another Quinton (Grandad's great uncle) but he lived and died in Glasgow.

I couldn't find out what happened to this Quinton and only had the rumour that he had gone to Canada but last week I was reading through some documents on the family and Quinton is mentioned. First he is at home in Glasgow aged 10yrs then he was sent to an Indsutrial school in Scotland.

A bit later there is mention of him again aged 18yrs in Canada.

So I knew then that he really had gone although why, who with etc. I don't know. And now I know he died there too.

Now I just need to find out how to get hold of a Canadian death cert.

Comment

Originally posted by Trina View Post
          Does that look as though it may be the one?

It is quite detailed - cause of death coronary thrombosis - informant wife - Robina Somerville.
          Oooh just read this properly..... Than you again Trina
          In my excitement I just started typing but now I have a wife for him too

Comment

ust pm me your email and I'll send the file - there is a lot on there!

Comment

ust pm me your email and I'll send the file - there is a lot on there!
              Thank you Trina, I replied to your pm and have just returned to the computer to see this message and also an email in my inbox so I'm off to read

Thankyou.

Comment

Sorry - we seem to have crossed our messages! Glad to have been able to help. I got a lot of help on here last week, so it is nice to be able to return the favour.

Comment

Sorry - we seem to have crossed our messages! Glad to have been able to help. I got a lot of help on here last week, so it is nice to be able to return the favour.
                  Awww the image is great Trina and I'm certain it's him. Correct date of birth etc. Strange I can't find anything else for him though.

Shame his parents names weren't on there but I guess he just didn't want to talk about them and I can't blame him. He had a horrible childhood. Shame that he died so young too. His younger brother also died young aged 29 in 1928 so sad.

Comment

Quinton Somerville

Originally posted by BigShaz McCreadie View Post
                    Oh Thank you so much Trina

Yes I am sure this must be him.

He was my Great Grandfather's brother.
                    My Grandfather was Quentin Sommerville as is my Uncle and also my cousin (Uncles son)

Grandad said he was named after his uncle who was in Canada.
                    I discovered that he did actually have a Uncle called Quinton and the name has often changed spellings (one 'M' double 'M') over the years.

There was also another Quinton (Grandad's great uncle) but he lived and died in Glasgow.

I couldn't find out what happened to this Quinton and only had the rumour that he had gone to Canada but last week I was reading through some documents on the family and Quinton is mentioned. First he is at home in Glasgow aged 10yrs then he was sent to an Indsutrial school in Scotland.

A bit later there is mention of him again aged 18yrs in Canada.

So I knew then that he really had gone although why, who with etc. I don't know. And now I know he died there too.

Now I just need to find out how to get hold of a Canadian death cert.
                    Quinton Somerville is my maternal grandfather. I'd love to exchange information with you regarding the family.

Regards,
                    Lorraine

Comment

Quinton Somerville is my maternal grandfather. I would be grateful for any information/images you may have and I would be glad to share with you any info I have for him.

Regards,
                      Lorraine

Comment

Hello Lorraine,

Shaz hasn't been onsite for quite a while so she might not see this or be aware you have posted. It may be better if you send her a PM [private message]

to do this click on her username to the left of any of her posts, you will get a drop down menu and you will see the option to send a Private Message.
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie, long time no see �� I have been nudged via facebook. It's great to see that the ftf gang are still so helpful in helping people to get connected. ����

Comment

Hi Julie, long time no see �� I have been nudged via facebook. It's great to see that the ftf gang are still so helpful in helping people to get connected. ����
                            Hiya Chick xx as you can see someone is trying to get in touch.. happy hunting hun x
                            Julie

Comment

Yes Lorraine pm'd me here and I have picked that up... hope you are well? Xx

Comment

Thanks so much. Shaz and I have connected! Another chapter in our lives to begin!

Cheers!

Comment

Yes Lorraine pm'd me here and I have picked that up... hope you are well? Xx
                                  yes we are fine.. just trying to open up a crack in the brickwall.... with the new index it is helping soooo much. [Hope you lot are good x]
                                  Julie

Comment

Originally posted by LorraineSmith2 View Post
                                    Thanks so much. Shaz and I have connected! Another chapter in our lives to begin!

Cheers!
                                    That's brilliant news, long may your relationship continue and that more twiglets emerge. :smilee:
                                    Julie

Comment

Working...
                                    X