McInarnay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McInarnay

I reside in The Netherlands and would greatly appreciate any help in finding the parents of Henry Thomas Parks, baptised 17 dec 1836 Finsbury. His father's name was William Parks (tin plate worker). His mother was Mary Ann McInarney. They got married in London 2 feb 1835. I am hoping that aomeone can give me any information about these two people or their family.
    Kind regards, Alex

This is Henry in 1851 with Mum and family and Mum is a widow
    Class: HO107; Piece: 1535; Folio: 513; Page: 5
    GWEN

Comment

Alex, do you know the name of the church where they married, please? London is a big place!
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There's a 4-year-old Henry Parks with father William Parks, occupation looks like "tin worker" though not sure about the word tin, on 1841 census in Finsbury, Islington. William is 50 and Mary 42. Also in household are Emma, 9, William 6, and Walter, 1.

Ref: HO107; Piece 664; Book: 6; Civil Parish: St Mary Islington East; Enumeration District: 14; Folio: 10; Page: 15;
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Okay, I've found the IGI record for William and Mary Ann's marriage - it was at St Clement Danes, Westminster.
          KiteRunner

Comment

1851 census shows Mary born in Sussex and her age 50.

Emma 19, William 16 are both messengers, Henry 14 an errand boy and Walter is a scholar. It says Emma was also born Sussex, Walter at St Mary's [presumably Islington] and the others at St Lukes. Address is 11 Mount Row, Shoreditch.

Comment

Alex, can I ask how you know that the William Parks / Mary Ann McInarney marriage is the right one? Do you have a document stating that Mary Ann McInarney was the mother of Henry Thomas (or the mother of one of his brothers or sisters)?

Because I see on the IGI that there is a William Parks baptised 24 Jul 1836 at St Martin in the Fields, Westminster, parents William and Mary Ann, so it looks likely to me that his parents were the ones who got married at St Clement Danes, Westminster.

Also, there is a baptism for William Alfred Parks 10 Aug 1834 at St Luke Old Street, Finsbury, parents William Parks and Mary. This looks like Henry Thomas's brother. Henry Thomas's baptism also gives mother's name as Mary, not Mary Ann, so I think we need to look for a different marriage for Henry's parents, unless you do have a document giving the mother's maiden name as McInerney.
              KiteRunner

Comment

I was wondering the same as KiteRunner.

Comment

There is a baptism that looks like Emma's on the IGI - Emma Elizabeth Parks baptised 11 Mar 1832 St Nicholas, Brighton, Sussex, parents William and Mary.

And a marriage 4 Dec 1828 also at St Nicholas, Brighton - William Parks married Mary Reed. It seems likely that this is your William and Mary, don't you think?
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Dear Little Nell and KiteRunner,

First of all, THANK you so much for your wonderfull help!
                    I had a copy of the 1841 Census of which you describe the details. So this makes William born about 1791 and Mary 1799. It does not state the maiden name of Mary. I was told that there was a William Parks who married a Mary Ann McInerney in feb 1835. But I know realise that Emma was 9 in the 1841 Census and indeed that she is the one being baptised in 1832! So William Parks must have gotten married befor that time with his Mary. That you found that Emma was baptised at St Nicholas, Brighton, Sussex, with parents William and Mary, also helps prove that the William and Mary that you found married in Brighton must be her parents. Also the date with Emma's brother William Alfred Parks Aug 1834 at St Luke Old Street, Finsbury seems to fit perfectly. I also know for a fact that my greatgrandfather Henry Thomas Parks was born 17 dec 1836 Finsbury and baptised 02 apr 1837 Middlesex St. Lukes.
                    Know that we know this, any help getting further information would be greatly appreciated.
                    Thank you all onece again. Cheers, Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X