cannot find on 1871 ?? but could this be his death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot find on 1871 ?? but could this be his death

Frederick Knight born 1822 Bermondsey Surrey have him on 1861 as a single lodger living in Newington occupation Leather Dresser , cannot find on 1871 but there is a death for a Frederick Knight born 1822 in 1871 Sept quarter Islington , could this be him but if so where was he on 1871 census ??? thanks

have now found a Frederick Knight in Wales on the 1871 census but says born Leatherhead Surrey and he is a Hatter is this likely ???? thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 16-08-08, 13:48.

Goodness knows with your lot Val

Just a thought .... could Leather Dresser and Leatherhead have confused the enumerator ?

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

what do you mean ??? my lot are perfectly normal like me !!!!!!!!!
      Could be right there Rachel maybe he got it wrong ???? thanks I think ??

Comment

:D doesn't exactly help does it

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I might adopt somebody else's family just for a change !!!

Comment

If you get the death cert it will give an address you can use to search census, but of course you don't want to risk £7 on the wrong chap.

OTT, but might make you laugh and take your mind off your frustration -
            my father was a bus conductor and Leatherhead was one of the destinations on his route. He hated bad manners, people who didn't say please or thank you but just blurted out the cost of the fare or their destination.

This chap got on and when my dad got to him, he said "Leatherhead" so my father retorted "Bacon bonce!" Since then, we've always referred to Leatherhead as Baconbonce in our family, much to the confusion of others.
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

:D Nell that's great .... are we all allowed to use it ? :D

Comment

Yes, it would have made my Dad proud!

For a bizarre reason we always call Caterham Caterpig and Woldingham Woldepig too! That gives you an idea about my Dad (half Norfolk half Londoner)

Comment

good for him that did make me laugh.

Comment

Who else remembers green London Country buses? Two route numbers from when we first moved to Luton 41 years ago still exist, the 321 and the 366. Completely different operators now, though.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

My Dad was on the green country buses, from Chelsham garage in Surrey. When they got taken over they were painted red. Then they got taken over again and became green once more. Now although the buses still run with the same numbers, Chelsham garage has been replaced by a Sainsbury's.

My Dad is buried in Greenlawns cemetery which is in Chelsham.

Comment

A tribute site to Chelsham Bus Garage here

Chelsham Garage

worth visiting just to hear the old-fashioned bus bell my Dad used to ring.

Comment

Val, have you checked on the earlier censuses to see if there is a Frederick Knight born in Leatherhead on those?
                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

1881 census has

Frederick Knight, hatter, b 1820 Leatherhead, in Pool, Montgomery,Wales
                            RG11 5494/29 p. 26.

I think he's a red herring.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                              I might adopt somebody else's family just for a change !!!

You can have anyone of mine Val :D:D
                              www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
                              http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

Wasn't it called the Green Line? I remember my grandparents visiting us by Green Line. (Deepest Surrey to Hertfordshire)

OC

Comment

London Country Bus Services Pages has history of London Country which did run the Greenline coach services, separate from the bus routes. Greenline still exists, though it is now owned by Arriva.

Green Line

Comment

sorry have pc problems
                                    No Kite must admit I hadnt
                                    Nell yes I saw that and wondered
                                    Chrissy no thanks any name is better than yours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even my hated Knights.

Comment

Working...
                                    X