help seaching 1861 census please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help seaching 1861 census please

Can anyone spot Charles Bullock abt 1841 Bit chfield, Lincolnshire on the 1861 census please?

In 1851 he's with his parents in bitc hfield HO107; Piece: 2102; Folio: 107; Page: 6

In 1871 he's married and living with his wife Mary Ann nee Stevenitt and family in Morton RG10; Piece: 3314; Folio: 36; Page: 21.

He married in q2 1860
    Barbara

This is the family in 1861 but Charles is not with them so will keep looking
    Class RG9, Piece 2347, Folio 84, Page 3
    GWEN

Comment

Thanks Gwen

Quick question - how do yuou do a ference search on the new facy look ancestry - I can't see where to put the reference in:o
      Barbara

Comment

Oops you prob already have this must not be awake yet!!! he should be with his wife

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
        This is the family in 1861 but Charles is not with them so will keep looking
        Class RG9, Piece 2347, Folio 84, Page 3
        GWEN

Comment

I do not use the new way I still use the old way and find it much better. I have tried the new way but just cannot get on with it
          GWEN

Comment

lol Gwen - yep got his parents and siblings as you guessed, thanks anyway

and I've just found how to revert to the old search methods too to diuble check from the ref you gave.
            Barbara

Comment

can you tell me the year of birth of his wife as I will look for her as I cannot find him yet and where she was born?
              GWEN

Comment

She was born in Little Gonerby, Lincs abt 1842.

Thats interesting - I can't find a birth for her .........
                Barbara

Comment

Do you think this could be her in 1861 with grandparents place and birth year fit the details she has on the 1871 census when she is with hubby
                  Class HO107, Piece 2103, Folio 320, Page 12
                  GWEN

Comment

erm Gwenn - thats an 1851 reference isn't it
                    Barbara

Comment

yes sorry it is I dont know whether I am a help or hindrence this morning!!!! LOL I still cannot find them on the 1861 census nor a birth ref for her
                      GWEN

Comment

have to go out now will look later thats if some else has not found them
                        GWEN

Comment

lol - well i did look at it anyway, and its quite worrying finding a Mary Stevenitt listed with a Holland family. Charles nephew (direct line) married a Holland

You're certainly not a hindrance - your just confirming its not just that I've forgotten how to search. They actually are hiding
                          Barbara

Comment

Also got to go out now so I'm not ignoring anyone. I;ll check in later to see if anyone else has had more luck.

Thanks for the help this morning Gwen
                            Barbara

Comment

6 hours and no one else volunteering anything

*wonders if that means Charles Bullock really is unfindable in 1861*
                              Barbara

Comment

Polite hopeful nudge that someone else can see this couple for me - please
                                Barbara

Comment

maybe the census that has him on it is missing?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Kyle

Its a possibility I didn't think of :o - not having relatives in those places where censuses are routinely missing
                                    Barbara

Comment

Working...
                                    X