Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to find twin

Hi All.

I havent been on line for months, but just trying to get started again.

I need some help please...... I am a twin. However i believe my twin was still born, a boy. DOB 30-07-60
    I dont know his name, but can anyone tell me if his birth and death are registered?

I know i cant get any docs without the parents consent, but would just like to know if there is any info out there.

To pre-empt a question, i dont communicate with my mum and with my dad its very limited and he is old and unwell.

Hope somneone can help.

debs

There is info on this topic in the Wiki: Stillbirth - Family Tree Forum

It's towards the bottom of the page. It appears that you may have problems getting the necessary permissions.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine.

Thank you for your quick reply. I will take a look.

debs

Comment

If he drew breath at all he should be registered as a birth and subsequent death.

Do you know he was deffo stillborn?
        Jess

Comment

Deb, have you checked the Birth indexes as if he drew breath then he would have been registered at least under his surname. If you've not checked and want to PM me details I'll take a look for you.
          Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Even if he was stillborn, there should still be a burial. You could try contacting the cemeteries local to the place where you were born and ask them to check their records for that date. The hospital may even be able to tell you.

Comment

Perhaps if you were twins and he drew breath, so born alive, you and he would been registered at the same time. I know not always, they may have done him first as they had to register the death as well.

If you were done at the same time, look for your ref and then look for a probably nameless male with the same ref or the next or former consecutive number. You could have been on different pages.

Comment

Thank you all for the extra messages, it gives me something to go on. Its a difficult one.

debs :-)

Comment

Working...
                X