Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software

hello

i am new to this game but have been compiling my family tree on genesreunited. i got up to 120 and it created a very messy tree which i could not format or rearrange. i have since saved the gedcom file and imported it into a version of rootsmagic 3.0.1. i am able to view an hourglass format but not of the entire family, just down one line.

my problem is that i cannot view the whole tree in this or format it so that the same generation are roughly on the same sort of level on tree (at the moment myself and my direct family are right at the bottom of tree whilst younger generations are way up top!)

i would like advice on which software will allow me to be able to view the entire tree in an hourglass format (by scrolling etc) and move the boxes around and so forth. would also like to know which is best way to be able to print it out for framing. its for my dad as a landmark birthday present.

many thanks.

You can get Family tree maker Who do you think You Are for about £5-10 from the likes of morrisons or tesco and thats very good does various tree set outs ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

thanks - do u know if thats definitely compatible with windows vista 64 bit?

Comment

It probably won't be compatible out of the box, but Vista updates for some older versions of the software can be downloaded from the Family Tree Maker website: Family Tree Maker - Vista Updates

You could also consider the latest version, Family Tree Maker 2008, for which there are also Service Packs, Updates and Patches: Family Tree Maker 2008 by Ancestry.com
        Last edited by Cloggie; 14-08-08, 13:39.
        Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by famdam View Post
          thanks - do u know if thats definitely compatible with windows vista 64 bit?
          Yes I use it babe all the time as well as the 2008 version and Legacy;;;
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Working...
          X