Question about Comments on Ancestry Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Comments on Ancestry Trees

I just got an email from Ancestry to say that a comment has been added to a certain entry on my tree, with a link to click to see the comment, but when I clicked on it, it said there were no comments for that entry. The email gave me the username of the person who is supposed to have added the comment, but not in a clickable form. Is there any way I can contact that person, and if so, how?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Oh that last one I got about 10 days ago had clickable link to comment and went staight to it ;;;funny that
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Maybe they've deleted it?

I added a comment recently to someone's tree; my username showed up on the tree in clickable form, and he e-mailed me immediately.

Comment

I can't see a way of searching for a username on ancestry unless they have posted on the Community threads on there but this person hasn't. But I googled the username and found one match on a different site with an email address included, so I've taken a chance and emailed that person. The site I found it on was to do with WW2 deaths, and the entry on my tree with the missing comment was someone who died in WW2, so I'm hopeful it will turn out to be the right person!
        KiteRunner

Comment

I can't answer your question but thanks for posting it as it has, I think answered my own puzzle. I posted comments on two Ancestry public trees the other day - one seemed to have plucked my ancestors from IGI to add as parents of his gt grandfather. He has immediately taken my comments on board and corrected his tree
          The other tree looks as if it belongs to my second cousin who I previously had no knowledge of. She has presuably chosen not to be contacted directly as there was no link to her by clicking on her user name so I added a comment on my grandmother's entry on her tree -will Ancestry automatically message her to tell her I've added a comment?
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I don't know for sure, Judith, but I should think so.
            KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks KiteRunner. Hope so, as I have family photos and stories to share with her. I hope your email to the person who left comment on your tree brings a response. :-)
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Working...
              X