Brett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett

My husbands mother died recently and we are unable to find a birth certificate. Where do you suggest we start? Her birthdate was 24th December 1919. She was born in Norfolk - place unknown, possibly around North Walsham - we suspect she was born of an unmarried mother. I am unable to find her in the births for that period.
    Last edited by angela32nd; 12-08-08, 20:29. Reason: missed it out

what was her name, please. I will have a look for you if you like.
    Jess

Comment

Miriam Doreen Alcock

Comment

That was her maiden name, yes? Alcock?
        Jess

Comment

that was on her marriage certificate

Comment

Do you happen to know her mothers maiden name? I presume you believe it was Alcock if you think her mother was unmarried?

Was there a fathers name on the marriage cert? If so what was it?

Comment

The fathers name was blank - she was a very secretive woman. She had a sister Lily but that doesn't mean it was her first name!

Comment

Did a 5 year search around 1919 in Norfolk

The only Alcocks with mother Alcock born in that time frame were

Sep qtr 1919 Peggy V Alcock
                Reg dis Mitford 4b 341

Doris M Alcock Dec qtr 1919
                Freebridge Lynn 4b 449

I suppose Doris could be Doreen, Names were always changed around. I wonder if the M was for Miriam

Was Lily older or younger?

Comment

Is her name Miriam Doreen formerly Alcock on your husbands birth cert?

Comment

Could Minnie be short for Mildred, I have found a Mildred D Allcock mother's maiden name Allcock, born 1920 Jan/Feb/March, Walsingham Norfolk, vol 4b pg 578. It is Allcock not Alcock.

Barbara

Comment

We think Lily was older. Not thought of looking at hubby's birth certificate - but can't remember it being on there. Will have a look for it.

Comment

How did she get on when applying for her pension or anything else you need a birth cert for?

Comment

Do you think it could have been transcribed as Mildred instead of Mririam? If so how do I view the original? or do I just order a copy of the certificate and cross fingers??? Maybe the birth was registered slightly late as it was over Christmas?
                          Last edited by angela32nd; 12-08-08, 21:55. Reason: another thought!

Comment

I don't know how she got a pension etc. but there isn't a certificate anywhere that we can find.

Comment

Given that she was born christmas eve, its more than likely to be registered Q1 of the following year.

What was her mothers name??
                              Last edited by Jessbowbag; 12-08-08, 22:01.
                              Jess

Comment

Possibly Frances Catherine and died around 1985

Comment

nothing on husbands birth certificate! It's not much bigger than a postage stamp!! Will have to send for another one. It just says receipt.

Comment

Was Frances Catherine still an Allcock or Alcock when she died as no one of that name died 1984-2005

Comment

Originally posted by angela32nd View Post
                                      nothing on husbands birth certificate! It's not much bigger than a postage stamp!! Will have to send for another one. It just says receipt.
                                      Yes, thats just the short cert. You don't get parents names on that.

Comment

It is all so frustrating as we have very little to go on. Nobody recalls Frances getting married.

Comment

Working...
                                        X