Screammmmmmmmmmmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screammmmmmmmmmmmmm

Can anyone hear me. I ordered two/certs the first one arrived on Sat and its the wrong one dispite the fact that I gave then the right info so now have to wait for a refund. The second arrived today and I thought great I can get on with it but been on here for hours and no further forward than I was.
    Its such a frustrating hobby just had to let off steam can anyone help? will add another reply with info more screamsssssssssssssss
    GWEN

Oh dear!

I'm sure someone will help if you post up the latest problem......however, by the time you have typed it I will have gone out!! :D

Comment

Trying to trace my Grandmother family Jane Grover who was born 9/10/1885
      Her father/mother Herny Grover/ Alice Strong married 15/05/1876
      Henrys father is Thomas Grover bricklayer do not know Mum's name

I cannot find Henry with his parents have Henry on the 1901 census birth abt 1856 Islington
      RG13, Piece 289, Folio 14, Page 22

The problem is Henry's dob according to his marriage cert he states he is 25 so born abt 1821, on 1881 census shows 1851
      RG11, Piece 356, Folio 94, Page 38

Not sure if I've found the right family for 1891 census Alice and children fit but husband is named as William and my grandmother Jane is not with them!
      RG12, Piece 261, Folio 48, Page 11
      Sorry its taken me so long to post this having a bad day hope someone can help me unravel this pleaseEEEEEEEEEE
      GWEN

Comment

I presume this is them in 1901:

Registration district: Bethnal Green
        Sub registration district: Bethnal Green South
        ED, institution, or vessel: 6
        Household schedule number: 142

Household:
        Henry Grover 45
        Alice Grover 40
        Annie Grover 16
        Jane Grover 14
        William Grover 12
        George Grover 8
        Harry Grover 6
        Frederick Grover 4
        Researching the following names:Clarke, Littlejohns, Mansfield, Michelin, Anderson, Marr, Newlands, Shiells, Paterson, Taylor, Catleugh, Thomson, Rutherford, Cullen, Dowling, Douglas and many more
        My family tree
        In search of my Elusive G Grandfather - Grosvenor Ashford Clarke - A Dramatic Actor

Comment

Hi
          yes that is them Jane is my grandmother.

Originally posted by Shevy View Post
          I presume this is them in 1901:

Registration district: Bethnal Green
          Sub registration district: Bethnal Green South
          ED, institution, or vessel: 6
          Household schedule number: 142

Household:
          Henry Grover 45
          Alice Grover 40
          Annie Grover 16
          Jane Grover 14
          William Grover 12
          George Grover 8
          Harry Grover 6
          Frederick Grover 4
          GWEN

Comment

there is a Harry Grover born 1851 in Islington on the 1861 census living with mother Esther who is a widow. Could this be him, as if you look at the image the name could easily be Henry.
            Researching the following names:Clarke, Littlejohns, Mansfield, Michelin, Anderson, Marr, Newlands, Shiells, Paterson, Taylor, Catleugh, Thomson, Rutherford, Cullen, Dowling, Douglas and many more
            My family tree
            In search of my Elusive G Grandfather - Grosvenor Ashford Clarke - A Dramatic Actor

Comment

hi, I think I have cracked it for you. As my above post I def think that is him with Esther as his mother. I have found Esther in the 1851 census with husband who is wait for it ...........Thomas a bricklayer.

Search Eather Grover born 1816 in Chelmsford to find her in the 1851 census
              My family tree

Comment

can't find a marriage on freebmd between Thomas and Esther.
                My family tree

Comment

oh and just looked at the 1891 census for you. I do think the husband William with wife Alice is your Henry, no idea why he is down as William though perhaps got muddled up when wrote down and could the Annie daughter be your Jane, she is the right age.
                  My family tree

Comment

I think that is them how did you manage to work that out now I need to work out when Henry was actually born so I can apply for his birth certificate.
                    That is amazing what did you put in your original searchto find them?
                    thank you very much I am so pleaseddddddddddddddd
                    GWEN

Comment

I thought the same that Jane may be Annie but did not understand why she would be calling herself that I have her B/C and she is only named Jane and why would Henry call himself William I dont know this family!!! LOL

oh and just looked at the 1891 census for you. I do think the husband William with wife Alice is your Henry, no idea why he is down as William though perhaps got muddled up when wrote down and could the Annie daughter be your Jane, she is the right age.
                      GWEN

Comment

I searched the surname Grover and born in Islington to find him. I didnt put any first name or year of birth.

Still can't find any marriage for Thomas and Esther although there is a marriage for a Thomas Groves in Lexden district, essex and a Esther Scarrott appears under the same vol and page number on freebmd, however the district for her is stow, so may be a mistake.

I have had several ancestors appear in the census with totally different names. I think perhaps the enumerator mishead Jane for Annie or it was something along those lines.

I found this birth on freebmd, which could be henry

Henry Grover
                        Islington
                        1854 June Quarter
                        1b 266

if you order the cert, you could ask for a check giving parents names as Thomas and Esther, so that you don't pay the full 7 pounds if they are not.
                        My family tree

Comment

I looked at the 1891 and thought the Son John aged 5 was probably Jane (born oct 1885 would make her 5 on census night). Guess if enumerator could get dad's name wrong he could also write John instead of Jane when he wrote up his book.
                          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

So you do not think his year of birth is 1851?
                            On the 1851 census I see there are three T Grovers I looked at the orginal and not sure if the T could be another initial
                            GWEN

Comment

Thank you to you both for your help it is much appreciated.
                              GWEN

Comment

Yes I am still looking for a marriage for Thomas but no luck so far but it could have been before 1837.
                                GWEN

Comment

Hi Gwen, thomas is down as Thomas Grover in the 1851 census and not T Grover.

regards,
                                  My family tree

Comment

Still can't find any marriage for Thomas and Esther although there is a marriage for a Thomas Groves in Lexden district, essex and a Esther Scarrott appears under the same vol and page number on freebmd, however the district for her is stow, so may be a mistake.
                                    The district Stow is displayed in italics on FreeBMD indicating that it does not fit with the volume and page number. The actual index page is a typed one, but as the indexes in those days (1838) were handwritten, the typed one must be done much more recently and has replaced the original index. On the typed index, it says district Stow, volume 17 and page 237. Stow should be district 12 and the page numbers for that quarter were in the 700's and 800's. Searching for volume number 17 and page 237, there are several with district Stone (and one with Stow in italics).

So, it appears that Esther Scarrot's marriage was actually in the district of Stone, but the person who typed up the index page put Stow by mistake. (The FreeBMD transcriber then didn't notice the discrepancy with volume number.) But all this means that she didn't marry Thomas Groves, sorry!
                                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                                    X