Legacy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy question

I was using Legacy v6 Deluxe. My Windows died and I had to re-install it and re-download Legacy.

I think I've downloaded the freebie (not sure), but it did fill in all the info for me without having to use my back-up files.

Now I have two questions.....

How do I know if I have the freebie or the Deluxe??

and....

I now have numbers after every person on the tree, but they don't make any sense.

OH is 1, I am 2,
    OH's father is 3, mother is 22
    My father is 5. my mother is 6.
    Our four children are.....169, 4, 170 and 171.

Anyone know what has happened??

Hi Libby,

If you click on the Help button on the programme and About Legacy it should show you the name of your version - mine shows Legacy 6 Deluxe Edition.

Can't help you with the numbers I'm afraid. I've never managed to get to grips with the RIN numbers.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

You need McBev she might be able to help you when she gets on , her been in Aus;;;
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks Gillian.....it's the Standard edition, so will have to try and change that.

I'll nick over to Wattlers and yell for Bev.

Comment

Libby

I just had a look at the help index. If you type RIN into the search box, some of the results may help while you're waiting for Bev. There are several options, including not showing numbers at all.
          Gillian
          User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thank you Gillian......just got rid of those little blighters.

Could cope if they were correct...no idea where they were found.LOL.

Comment

Hi Libby. Sorry...I've been AWOL :o

Can't help at all with RIN numbers, as I never use them. When I browsed through the 'Help' pages, it looks as though your scatty numbering may have been caused by something on these lines

"Each individual and marriage record in a family file is assigned a unique record number when it is added. If all you did was add new records, these numbers would always be sequential with no holes. But, in reality, numbers are abandoned when you delete people or merge duplicate records together....."

Actually, I tell a lie, as I noted the RIN number when I just generated a report...was easier than hunting through the list for the particular person.

"This is a good way to verify the identity of an individual. For example, if you have five John Does, you can further tell them apart by their RIN number.
              John Doe-[23]
              John Doe-[46]
              John Doe-[183]
              John Doe-[200]
              John Doe-[5824]"

If you are desperate to renumber your RINS you would do better to work through with the help menu as it describes the process in far greater detail than I can give.

As far as your Deluxe version goes....do you still have the password you were sent when you bought it?
              "Write the number in the front of your users guide, print out the e-mail order confirmations, and/or keep the invoice from Millennia Corp. You never know when you may need the number to contact us or unlock the Deluxe features again in the event you have to re-install Legacy.

If you are using an earlier version of Legacy, please upgrade to Legacy 7.0. The standard edition is FREE!
              Click here for help with downloading and installing Legacy 7.0. Many problems in earlier editions have been fixed in Legacy Family Tree 7.0. (We are no longer correcting problems in earlier editions.)"

I have bought Legacy 7 Deluxe and am no longer using 6 except as a spare tree on my laptop.

Beverley

Comment

Thanks Bev................I've fixed those odd little numbers (got rid of them) LOL.

I thought about it last nigth and think I might upgrade to version 7. Have you got the Australian version?

There are a lot of freebie records you can access. Saw an ad in Aust. Family Tree mag.

Comment

Working...
                X