views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• views

Does everyone like the new method of searching on Ancestry or its it just me that keeps reverting back to the old way because they pefer it.
    GWEN

I am sticking with the old way Gwen, as I don't like the new way.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy I thought it was me I have tried but I prefer the old way I just hope we can keep the choice of the two.
      GWEN

Comment

What new method? I can't see anything different!
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
          What new method? I can't see anything different!

I was about to say the same Lynne.
          Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

There is a button marked "Try it" at the top right of your screen when you initiate a search.
            Personally I was relieved to be able to revert to my tried & tested method!
            Bridget

Comment

If you go into, for example, 1901 census (or any search page) at the top is the option to try the New Ancestry Search. Happily, once you've tried it it you can revert back to the familiar as I don't like the new version either!

I just hope the new version doesn't become the standard....
              Sue

Comment

Originally posted by BridgetM View Post
                There is a button marked "Try it" at the top right of your screen when you initiate a search.

SNAP!!:D
                Sue

Comment

he he, no wonder I couldn't see it, my screen is only tiny & it was outside it.
                  Seems a bit involved to me & it doesn't solve the rediculous problem of Ancestry giving me details of Horace when I have asked for info re Sophy Eliza.
                  Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Thanks ladies, I've found it now. I don't think much of it either!
                    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

I'm quite happy searching the way I know how!

Comment

Every time I've tried the new search it seems to take forever and the results don't seem any better than the old one. I do hope they keep the old search as an option.
                        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I don't like it either.
                          Also the Pedigree Tree is so slow now and keeps bringing up the wrong person on the 'Profile' view. Grrrrrrr!

I've complained but not had any satisfactory answer as yet apart from a fobbing off!
                          Alison

Researching:
                          CAVE, CUCKOW/COSHOW, DAKIN, GILBERT, GINN, HUXLEY, LEATT, LETTEN, PATTERSON, PERRY, PORTER, SOMMERVILLE, WEEDON, WHITING
                          http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=1025
                          http://www.authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=2650

Comment

I agrre with the general view - I cannot see how the new search is any improvement on the old one - and it is so much slower
                            Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Is anyone finding the site much slower than it used to be because I know I am. I used to be able to run through the BMD's but now the image seems to take ages to come up. I thought it was my computer so I did all my housekeeping, defrag, cookies, history, the lot but it made no difference
                              GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by BridgetM View Post
                                Now I've remembered why I had forgotten about the new search! I don't use the search page to initiate searches, but use the home page instead, so I don't usually see the "try it" bit!

Comment

I still can't get the LDS prototype search wotsit to work :(

not that has anything to do with this thread .... just felt like a whinge

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I think you will find that as soon as you get a page of search results, the "Try it" button is lurking in the corner ;)
                                    Bridget

Comment

Working...
                                    X