Muriel P****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muriel P****

Trying to find out what happened to my mother's sister Muriel May P****. She was born in Hackney in 1921. She would have been eligible to join something in WW2. I am wondering if she went overseas as a QA Nurse. Lots of Hackney were bombed out so she may have moved away. Nothing in the U.K. Marriages records or in the Deaths index. Can anybody help have reached a "brick wall".
    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 09-08-08, 17:48.

Have you really checked all 4 quarters of every year since 1921 looking for a death, and ditto from about 1937 for a marriage?

If so, I salute you!

I would guess she moved out of Hackney during the war. My father's family who ran a shop in Stoke Newington, moved out to north east Surrey and never returned.

Your lady would have been 18 when WW2 broke out and would probably have been involved in war work of some kind. Possibly nursing, but she may have worked in a factory or driven a bus or looked after children in a nursery. Who knows?

When was she last heard of by anyone in the family? Presumably your mother must have been in touch with her at some point.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Welcome Elimay by the way

When you say you have checked the index - as Nell says did you look at each quarter of each year in the complete index images or did you just do a name search on the freebmd section?

Its strange that no one had contact with her after that time though? Did she never attend any family do's like weddings, funerals etc.? Are there any family members of that generation you can ask? Have you checked the war casualties list in case she died in the war?

Just checked CWGC and she isnt listed.
      Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 09-08-08, 17:44.

Comment

Yes I trawled through every quarter bit by bit. Her mother died in 1937 and her father was present at the death. She had two brothers whom I am also finding almost impossible to locate as well. My mother was in Lands down Hospital so I know about her.
        My father died two years before her.

Comment

Hi and welcome to Family Tree Forum.....

The trouble is, say she was still alive and never married - she could still be in Hackney!

We have a policy on Family Tree Forum of not incuding any details of potentially living people and as she may be alive, I'm going to have to delete some of her details in a minute.

However, do you know her exact date of birth?

Comment

The whole family lived in Manor Road Stoke Newington from 1915 until 1937

Comment

Yes. 22 March 1921

Comment

There's at least ten births for women with the same first forename and middle initial with that surname who may have married during the timeframe not available on FreeBMD. I would have thought you must have come across some marriages if you have trawled through the marriage indexes.

If you have her exact date of birth you could check the deaths post 1983 for her forenames with any surname (if you haven't done that already!).

Comment

Originally posted by elimay View Post
                  Yes. 22 March 1921
                  Oops, sorry we crossed!

Comment

OK, no deaths recorded with that dob after 1983 (until 2005) in England and Wales.

Comment

Working...
                    X