can anyone give me a hand please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone give me a hand please?

Hi..just by sheer chance I met my dads cousin Billy Oakes sat outside my local pub yesterday..he`s 74 and had only called in for a shandy after doing some shopping...but he gave me loads of family info...but I`m stuck with what he told me....he said he had an older sister that died as a baby...and he had a younger brother that died aged 3...so this is who I`m trying to find ..
    I have his mother and fathers marriage from lancs bmd...they married in 1930...william oakes was born in 1934...so his older sister will have been born between 1930 and 1934....
    unknown female oakes born 1930-1934
    Harold Oakes born after 1934...........died aged 3
    there was also Ronald Oakes....b abt 1938
    any help appreciated...can`t find any on lancs bmd
    mothers maiden name is Wignall....................cheers.allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

so far I found the following but will look for the deaths in a mo
    BIRTHS 1932, Gladys, MMN Wignall, Liverpool, VOL 8b, PAGE 384
    Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 08-08-08, 10:01.
    GWEN

Comment

John....we`re not...we are looking for a female oakes b abt 1930-1934 who died as a baby...and a Harold Oakes b after 1934 who died aged 3 .about 1940..these are the brother and sister of my dads cousin...he would like the details for his own interest...He cannot remember his sisters name as she was born and died before he was born in 1934...but thanks for your concern..it is appreciated....
      gwen..mothers maiden name was charlotte wignall.does it say St Silas?.thanks....allan;)
      Last edited by garstonite; 08-08-08, 10:07.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

I have looked in BMDs from 1930 -1938 and only found Gladys as posted above and
        1934 William E, MMN Wignall, Liverpool, A/M/J, Vol 8b, page 276

Death
        1933 Gladys age 1, Liverpool, 8B, Page 94, J/F/M
        GWEN

Comment

Perhaps the sister died so soon after birth she wasn't even named.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

thanks gwen.....william e is correct....and gladys`s birth and death fits in with what info I`ve been given...thanks......no sign of Harold??..or Ronald??...cheers...allan

Comment

The refs are typed as shown Liverpool and MMN name is Wignall as I dont know the area is Liverpool the reg district?
              I have just looked in the birth up to 1940 now and still not found the births for Harold or Ronald
              GWEN

Comment

thanks gwen,but Ronald might be slightly after 1940...cheers...allan;)

Comment

found birth of Harold
                  1941, Harold MMN Wignall, Liverpool. S., Vol 8B, Page 201 A/M/J
                  GWEN

Comment

Death of Harold
                    1944, Harold, aged 3, Liverpool N, Vol 8b, Page 94, O/N/D/

Sorry still not found the birth reg for Ronald
                    GWEN

Comment

I have looked up to 1942 now and have to go out so may be someone else could look for Ronald.
                      GWEN

Comment

Gwen...you`re a star...thankyou oh so much...my uncle Billy will be over the moon....mwah..(big kiss)...allan;)

Comment

Your welcome glad to have made someones day I only wish I could have found Ronald.
                          GWEN

Comment

Does Ronald Oakes' mother also have the maiden name of Wignall ?

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Er, Rachel, I would say that does count as posting up the details of people who might well be living!
                              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

:o gosh KR .... how stupid of me .... deleted

Thank you for being there

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

yes rachel..same mothers maiden name...Wignall...thanks for the concern Kiterunner,but unfortunately Ronald died about 12/15 years ago...
                                  sorry for not posting yesterday,but I went to my cousins wedding and we stayed the night in a hotel..only came back this afternoon....;)..allan

Comment

I did 1942 - 1952 (inclusive) and there was no Ronald with MMN Wignall

Comment

OK I'm looking at deaths ... 1984 - 2005 which also gives the dates of birth

Where did he die ?

Comment

Ronald birth Q1 1939 Liverpool S 8b 405
                                        ........ death Sept. 1991

Comment

Working...
                                        X