Irish death reference needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish death reference needed

I want to send for the death certificate of my Aunt who died in Ireland and wondered if anyone could help.Her name is Evelyn May Hawkshaw, she was born 1912 and she died in the Royal Victoria Hospital Belfast on 13th September 1968.

There seems to be very little access on line to Irish BMD records.

Hope someone can help

Brenda

You can apply through the GRONI - giving the details you have.
    GRO Web Site

Have just seen that the online application is unavailable at the moment due to maintenance!
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine...yes I have seen the web site and I have downloaded the application form, I will send for it by post, if the reference number cannot be supplied, it costs £12 as opposed to £6 with the number.

If I cannnot get the reference number then I will apply and pay the £12.

Brenda

Comment

has it gone up then ?? as I did not have the refererence number and it only cost about 10 euros which is about £7

Comment

Brenda, I don't think there is an easy way of finding out the reference number for a date so recent, but at least you have enough info to be able to order the cert even if you have to pay a bit extra. As far as I can remember, when I ordered mine there was no cheaper option for knowing the reference but I was just so happy to be able to get them at all I didn't mind!
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes I agree and I will be sending for a certificate, with or without the reference number.

Brenda

Comment

A couple of years ago I sent for 3 birth certificates and a marriage certificate. I asked for photocopies of the actual register and it only cost me £11 for all 4!!! I actually got the signatures of my GG Grandparents!
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
              X