Robert Ansell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Ansell

Have just discovered my husbands 5 x grandfather Robert Ansell in Ropley, Hampshire.

It looks as though he could have married before1737?

Seem to be no records to look at to find out more. Unless...........?

Hello Prilly and Welcome.

Did he marry Mary Webb? There are three dates for that marriage ( all 1736) on the IGI. Only one is extracted though.

Comment

There are some children with parents Robert and Mary in Ropely....also some with parents William and Mary.

Comment

There's also a tree on Ancestry for that family.

If I don't get back, I'm not being rude, but going away for the weekend.

Comment

Hallo Prilly

The answer will lie in the parish marriage registers. The fact that his son Robert was baptised in Ropley doesn't mean that was where his parents married, though it is likely. Robert may not have been their eldest child either.

Ropley isn't on the IGI so you would need to see the parish records at the relevant RO or at your nearest LDS centre where you can order the relevant microfilm.
          Last edited by Little Nell; 08-08-08, 10:12.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nell

I found some extracted baptisms for children of Robert and Mary in Ropely on Familysearch.

The marriage was in a different place though. There were three for the same couple all the smae year, different dates. Only one was extracted (surprise, surprise).

Now.....I'm off to the cold for the weekend...currently -11 where I'm going and not the coldest part of the day yet.

Comment

Working...
            X