Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten how to upload web pages...

Hi,
    Hoping someone can help me? It's been a while since I did all this. I have my own domain which my daughters boyfriend set up for me so I could have my family tree on. I now want to upload a few pages for a friend and tack them on to this so she can have her own pages. I have built the pages using Front Page 2000 ( I know it's old but still works ), and have downloaded Core FTP to my laptop. Could any one give me instructions, so I could print it out and keep so I could do similar pages for friends.

My site is www.teerdrop.net .

Also, can I put GedHtree program from my old laptop, on a disc and then put it on my new laptop so I can upload to this forum?

any help would be gratefully received even if we have to do it via email.

jackie
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

I have just been asking about putting an image on this site. I am told to use Photobucket to upload it. I would google the site if you are interested.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi,
      Run CoreFTP
      ( I'm not sure which way round this may occur.)

CoreFTP should ask you for a username and password
      CoreFTP should also ask you to enter the name of the site you want to goto which is ftp://teerdrop.net or possibly ftp://www.teerdrop.net

You should then have access.

Paul

Comment

Paul,
        Is this an alternative to Photobucket?
        Would I be able to use it to add an image to this site?
        Any help welcome, thank you.
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Adding files

Hello Margaret,
          You can use Photobucket to add an image to this site. I don't know how to do it but I'm sure if you start a new thread asking for help someone will assist you.

However this is useful for something like your avatar and you already have a cat as an avatar so you have done something similar already.

If you want to add an image or a document to your message then click on Advance and use the "Manage Attachments" button. It accepts most types of files.

Bye
          Paul

Comment

Paul,

Many thanks, after all this time I was not aware of the Advanced feature. Will save the detail.

Cheers,
            Margaret N

Comment

Thanks Paul,

I'll give that a go.
              Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

just testing brenda xxx wow it works learn something every day thanks paul brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                X