how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to

hi again, finding loads of stuff on this great site and ppl helping me,,a quick question, i got a charles william j coleman died 1948 aged 64 had con charles, and i think ellin,,how do i go about looking to see if they had other children, i am getting used to finding ppl but not brothers or sisters

so William was born abt 1884 do you know where? I will look for him on the census to see if he is with his family.
    Also sorry if I am a bit dim but not understanding some of your thread i.e
    con charles, ellin ? please explain I expect this is text language?

Originally posted by aka666 View Post
    hi again, finding loads of stuff on this great site and ppl helping me,,a quick question, i got a charles william j coleman died 1948 aged 64 had con charles, and i think ellin,,how do i go about looking to see if they had other children, i am getting used to finding ppl but not brothers or sisters
    GWEN

Comment

charles william j coleman appoiment date 10/3/1948 age 64 soz dont no where born..
      married emeline susan coleman formerly spiller died 28/2/1936 age 51 dont no where born..
      now this is where i,m stuck had children james mark coleman who i no about and i think ellin coleman who married a teagle,, but dont no if they had more children so i can move on,,
      Last edited by aka666; 07-08-08, 10:24.

Comment

Is this the marriage? (found on FreeBMD)

Marriages Dec 1902
        Coleman Charles Robert Bristol 6a 306
        Maggs Mary Amelia Bristol 6a 306
        Spiller Emeline Susan Bristol 6a 306
        WHITLOW Alfred James Bristol 6a 306

Comment

Are you sure it's Charles William Coleman and not Charles Robert Coleman ?

Looking at marriages and in 1902 (Bristol) there's

Charles Robert Coleman
          Mary Amelia Maggs
          Emeline Susan Spiller
          Alfred James Whitlow

snap Mary :D
          ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

dont no if this helps charles william j coleman and emeline susie coleman had a son james mark coleman but on james certificat there is only charles coleman. and emeline susan coleman formerly spiller

on there
            Last edited by aka666; 07-08-08, 10:31.

Comment

Possible birth for Emmeline:

Births Dec 1884

Spiller Emmy Susan Cardiff 11a 259

There are quite a few births in Cardiff after 1911 with surname Coleman and mother's maiden name Spiller.

Comment

Where did you find the name Charles William J Coleman?

Comment

Birth of James Mark, before they were married:

Births Mar 1889
                  Coleman James Mark Cardiff 11a 368

Comment

i got a print out of the grave mrs emeline susie coleman 28/2/1936 age 51
                    mr charles william j coleman 10/3/1948 age 64 both in cathays ep 1327

looks like this is going to be hard

Comment

james coleman born on 26 jan 1915

Comment

Possible births for Charles:

Births Jun 1880
                        COLEMAN Charles Robert Hastings 2b 41

Births Sep 1890
                        Coleman Charles William J Fulham 1a 295

Comment

Is the James Coleman born in 1915 the one you have the certificate for? Son of Charles and Emmeline?

Comment

yes....

Comment

If Charles and Emmeline married in 1902, they probably had several children before James in 1915.

The problem is, that before 1911, the birth indexes do not show mother's maiden name.

You need to ask questions of your family, look for photos etc, to see if anyone else has information.

Do you have a subscription to Ancestry? Charles probably fought in WW1. If his papers survive, these should show details of his marriage and birth dates of any children.
                              Phoenix - with charred feathers
                              Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

ok thanks and thankyou all for your help,,really nice ppl here

Comment

this is whats puzzling me..

buried together are emeline susie coleman and charles william j coleman..
                                  now on james birth certificat it shows just charles coleman and emeline susan colman formerly spiller..charles coleman was a private 10 welsh regt (waterworks labourer) so is he buied with emeline, would he have just put down charles coleman on james birth certificat

Comment

People will invent names to sound important, forget names they don't like, swap first and second Christian names..... etc etc etc.

Nobody would check up to find out whether you had missed a name on a certificate.
                                    Phoenix - with charred feathers
                                    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

I've had a very quick look at the service and pension records on Ancestry and I can't see him, but there's a medal card that may be his. Does it give his service number on James' birth cert?

Comment

I've also been looking on Pensions and Service Records ... no luck either

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                        X