Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family trace

Dear forumers,
    Can you advise how best I can trace the offsprings of Charles E Burrows married to Emma R Darby in 1911.They bore children and those am aware of are William G E Burrows born in 1921 and Henry Cecil Burrows(my grandpa)born on either 3rd june 1923.My grandpa's brother William was on last known address as;55 Hempcroft Rd, Broomwood Est, Timperley Altrincham-Cheshire.Their mother was burried at Scalford Cemetry next to their dad on 7th sept. 1963.My grandfather worked and passed on in Uganda and had sired children with a Ugandan woman 3 boys and 1 girl. Two boys and the girl have since passed on and am a daughter to one of the late named John Burrows.I will be greatful to receive any info that will assist me to get to trace my ancestry and to get to know those still living.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, our rules don't allow posting of details that could identify people who may still be living, but I see that William George E Burrows' death was registered Dec 2001 in Manchester (date of birth given as 20 May 1921).

To find out the names of any other children born to the couple, it would probably be easiest for you to search on FreeBMD:
    FreeBMD - Search
    Because the couple married in 1911, just put in the surname Burrows and mother's maiden name Darby and hopefully some of them will be listed. FreeBMD only goes up to some time in the 1920's at the moment and isn't complete, so you may also need to search the GRO indexes quarter by quarter on a site such as ancestry.

When you have the list of names, you could look them up on http://www.genesreunited.co.uk
    to see if anybody has them in their tree, then contact anybody who does to see if they can help you.
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 06-08-08, 14:39. Reason: trouble with link
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
    X