registration district birth certs query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• registration district birth certs query

I am trying to determine the reg district for someone born in Budworth Cheshire, c1837-1844.

Can anyone help?

I want to order a birth cert for one of my rellies.

thanks very much

treesa

Have you searched FreeBMD for your relly? This will give you the details you want.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

If it's the same as Great Budworth, then the registration district would be Runcorn.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks very much. I have just checked out Runcorn,, and two births are showing, so I can order one now.

Much appreciate you help,

regards

treesa

Comment

And another similar query, so not sure if ok to post here?

For those born Wigginton Hertfordshire, would the reg district be Berkhampstead?

Comment

Originally posted by treesa View Post
            And another similar query, so not sure if ok to post here?

For those born Wigginton Hertfordshire, would the reg district be Berkhampstead?
            From 1837-1939 it is Berkampstead district.

From 1939-1974 it is known as Berkhamsted district
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
            My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
            My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Thanks so much again. Well, what's with the dropping of a couple of letters!!!

Comment

This site might be useful
                Cheshire Births Marriages & Deaths

One of those which are findable via:
                UKBMD - Births, Marriages, Deaths Indexes & Census transcriptions for the UK, On-Line

These are the local equivalent - and sources - of the GRO index. In some case you get more detail on the local indexes.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine,

regards
                  treesa

Comment

I should say that you may get more detail on the indexes - but the certs carry the same info, and are (usually) the same price.

What you may get on local indexes online is things like age at death earlier than the GRO, or MMN for births earlier than 1911, or - for marriages - spouse-name-matching, and even the name of the church where the ceremony was held.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks again, for all your help. Off I go to order..........

regards

treesa

Comment

Working...
                      X